Eternal Masters Tokens Back

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Eternal Masters Tokens Back

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:21 am

Hi Members

I know some of you are collecting tokens,for the first time something new was implemented to the Eternal Masters tokens. It's a teaser puzzle for the upcoming ‘Conspiracy: Take the Crown‘ set. Quotes and pics courtesy of MTG store MuGu Games in Washington:
While opening the newest Magic set, Eternal Masters, we noticed something strange on the borders of the back sides of the Token cards. When pieced together like a puzzle the cards tell a story! We put it together for you! Check it out.

"People of the High City! It is my solemn duty to inform you that Brago, King of Paliano is no more. His death shocked the city all those years ago, his spiritual continuance brought joy and relief to us all. Now, he has at last passed truly and forever beyond the veil. His long reign has come to an end, and his spirit is finally granted the eternal rest it deserves. In his beneficent wisdom, our late king appointed a successor with the will and the strength to bring peace to his beloved city. As his designated heir, recognized by the Sacred Order of Custodi as his one and true successor, I vow to uphold the laws of Paliano, to maintain order in the city and to see that justice is served swiftly and even handedly. Though I know that I will never be a worthy heir to a man whose commitment to his city transcended life itself, I must hope that, with the blessing of the Custodi, I am able to guide our fair city to a new age of prosperity. The transfer of power is always difficult, and all the more so when the end of a monarch's reign comes unexpectedly. Even loyal and steadfast servants of the Crown may find themselves ill equipped to serve a new monarch in the same capacity as the old. As of now the post of Captain of the Guard is disbanded. Soldiers of this city will now report directly to me. The former Captain has retired with thanks from our fair city and a generous pension from the throne that will support her for the rest of her life, however long that life may be. In the absence of any natural heir, Brago made his intentions for the disposition of his throne quit clear. Lamentably, not all of the king’s former vassals respect his final wishes. Those who might use this transition as an excuse for rebellion should know that treason will be answered, as it always has been, with the harshest of punishments, while loyalty will be rewarded lavishly. May fortune smile upon Paliano!

- As proclaimed by Her Majesty Queen Marchesa, the Black Rose, first of her name, head of The Council, guarantor of lawful governance, soul sovereign of the High City, true heir to the throne of Paliano and all the rights and privileges thereof."

"Free citizens of Paliano. When you fell asleep last night, you were loyal. When you laid your down your heads as steadfast servants of the one true King of Paliano, Brago the Eternal. Perhaps you did not love him. It is not the role of a ruler to be beloved. But you obeyed him, and you respected him, as any citizen should. You awakened as unwilling traitors beneath the bloodstained banner of a usurper Queen : Marchesa, the Black Rose, a known assassin and plotter, a criminal of the highest order whose veiled threats and hidden thorns have allowed her for far too long to flaunt the law of Paliano. She has made you traitors by raising her flag above the palace and placing the crown upon her treacherous brow. She has forced you to choose between loyalty to the crown and loyalty to your city. Somehow, this vile deceiver murdered King Brago, ending his immortal existence and dispersing the essence of his spirit. Somehow, she inserted herself into the Sovereign’s will and testament - A document forged, no doubt, from whole cloth, for why would the King Eternal have a will at all? And if he did, why would he name the murderous daughter of a fallen house to rule in his place? Somehow, she commands the loyalty of the Custodi Priests who once made the King’s word manifest in the world. Alongside them stand numerous servants of the throne who can not or dare not question her right to rule. In the shadows lurks her own existing network of thieves, spies, saboteurs, informants, and assassins. Already, the false Queen raises her own sigil, the emblem of the Black Rose, above Paliano. She would quietly ignore the symbol of our city, the symbol Brago carried with him on the pommel of his own sword, an image so enduring, so emblematic, of our city and its lawful ruler that the Custodi consider it a religious icon in its own right. Oh, the Custodi wave it even now, and it means as little from them as it ever did. But the banners of the city troops have already changed. You will not see that symbol in the halls of Marchesa’s palace or on the shields of her defenders. She claims to rule legitimately, to have the interest of the city at heart, but the flag that has flown above us all these years is absent at her own command. And why? The reason is simple. Marchesa has no right to that sign of our great cities history, and she knows it. She wears the crown and sits upon the throne, but she does not carry the Sword of Brago - The blade that bears the symbol of our city. I know this because I now carry that sword, and with the burden of upholding law and order in Paliano. I have been stripped of my title by the traitor Queen, but I do not relinquish it. I hold this sword, this symbol, to defend our city from all its enemies - Even and especially an enemy who sits upon the throne. I have no wish to rule, only to unseat the usurper so that we may determine our rightful sovereignty in the wake of King Brago’s tragic end. Marchesa would have you stand with her, in service to a true crown that rests upon a false head, and thereby she would make you a traitor. I offer you a different path. Stand with me, and with Brago, and show your loyalty to your city through your disobedience to the pretender. If her flag is not your flag, do not vow to it. If her rule is illegitimate, then so are her laws. If she is not truly a Queen, then the servants of the throne are no better than her spies and assassins, and should be treated accordingly. What say you, citizens of Paliano? Do you stand with the city, or with the self proclaimed Queen? Are you loyal rebels, or obedient traitors? Every day, as long as Marchesa sits on the throne, you are one or the other. Make your choice.

-Adriana, Captain of the Guard"

Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Re: Eternal Masters Tokens Back

Post by thulnanth » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:08 pm

Wow... that is really cool. =D>
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

Post by TheJGit » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:18 pm

That is awesome! Must have been fun putting that all together.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:02 am

TheJGit wrote:That is awesome! Must have been fun putting that all together.
It's like a 11 X 11 sheet, 121 tokens to find to get a complete set. For the Token collector that should be the fun part..or a nightmare.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40 pm

I originally thought, it was some kind of misprint/miscut to have these cut off texts at the border.

So obviously its not ... )-:

MAGICSALEMAN
Legendary Bel Old Guru

Post by MAGICSALEMAN » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:19 am

That's why !
I was thinking as well for misprint backs side...
Great and funny idea \:D/

anselan
Librarities Member

Post by anselan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:52 am

I got hold of about 300 EMA tokens from a shop, and found 113 unique ones. I was able to do the jigsaw but I am still missing eight pieces:

Location / Top / Right / Bottom / Left
(1,3) BLANK / King Eternal have a will at all? / to inform you that / treacherous brow, she has forced
(7,11) will not report / BLANK / in the absence of any / Do you stand with the city or with
(11,10) all the rights and / the servants of the crown are no / BLANK / her in service to a true crown that
(2,1) people of the High City / as any citizen should. / and forever beyond / BLANK
(6,5) ??? / city, the symbol Brago carried with / the same capacity as / King's word manifest in the world
(10,2) treason will be / ??? / first of her name, / when you fell asleep last night
(5,5) her to a man whose / him on the pommel of his own sword / ??? / alongside stand numerous
(10,3) answered, as it always / the crown and loyalty to your city. / Head of the Council, / ???

If anyone has (some of) these, I would be very grateful, and have a reasonable number I can trade, before I give back the rest to the shop.

Thanks so much.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:18 am

i got ~106 uniques so far, will check mine.

Did you get a definite number of how many tokens of each kind exist ?
It would really help to know the Token card itself you miss, before reading all half texts on the back.

I found 3 identical Dack Emblems, so there is probably just one ?
How many different 5/5 Elemental tokens exist ? ( got 2 so far)

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:47 am

Have spares of your wants:

(1,3) BLANK / King Eternal have a will at all? / to inform you that / treacherous brow, she has forced
(7,11) will not report / BLANK / in the absence of any / Do you stand with the city or with
(11,10) all the rights and / the servants of the crown are no / BLANK / her in service to a true crown that
(10,2) treason will be / ??? / first of her name, / when you fell asleep last night
(10,3) answered, as it always / the crown and loyalty to your city. / Head of the Council, / ???

You still miss these, i dont have spares of:
R-Elemental/Colors(2,1) people of the High City / as any citizen should. / and forever beyond / BLANK
R-Elemental/Weekend(6,5) ??? / city, the symbol Brago carried with / the same capacity as / King's word manifest in the world
W-Spirit/24/7/365(5,5) her to a man whose / him on the pommel of his own sword / ??? / alongside stand numerous

Did not figure out yet, which ones i miss

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:51 pm

just in case, anyone else collects these and has spare ones:

I muss those:

Row/Position "Top line Text"

2/6 shocked the city
3/2 the veil. His long
3/3 reign has come to an
3/4 end, and his spirit
3/5 is finally granted
3/8 In his beneficent
4/9 Paliano, to maintain
5/8 life itself, I must
5/11 custodi, I am able to
8/2 The former captain
8/3 has retired with thanks
8/6 from the throne that
8/11 In the absence of any
11/7 High City, True Heir
11/8 to the Throne

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Update: Got my token set of 121 complete, no Reply from Anselan yet
Last edited by mmgun on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:30 pm

mmgun wrote:Update: Got my token set of 12 complete, no Reply from Anselan yet
I'm really behind on tokens after MO. Just yesterday went thgough another 1000 at my LGS that saves tokens. Have not caught up to anything after MO but am building the spreadsheets Will post them as soon as I can.

Thanks for the update.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:32 pm

dragsamou wrote:
It's like a 11 X 11 sheet, 121 tokens to find to get a complete set. For the Token collector that should be the fun part..or a nightmare.
Yes, this flew right by me, I should have caught on but missed it so now I need to get cracking...

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:12 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
Yes, this flew right by me, I should have caught on but missed it so now I need to get cracking...

Gary
Hi Gary

This new subsection with zoom function will be useful for your goal:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/1001-ra ... index.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/1001-ra ... ronts.html
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/1003-ra ... backs.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:48 am

Wow! great job there Alexis; Yes, that will make my quest Much much easier, I was scratching my head wondering where to start but you handed it to me.

Thanks again.

Gary
Gary Adkison