Vendors across countries with corresponding card languages?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

casperjjj
Librarities Member

Vendors across countries with corresponding card languages?

Post by casperjjj » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi all!

Link to my Global Forest Collection (currently 47% collected):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

So, my Global Forest Collection has been growing steadily for the last month or so, but at the moment it seems like I've hit some kind of a jam on MCM.
Now individual MCM-user only have up to like 8 cards from my want list (I guess building a collection always kicks off easily in the beginning :wink:)..
I'm currently reaching for the 50% mark on the collection, and therefore it still seems like it's early on that I can't get "larger chunks" (i.e. 25 cards or more) pr. shipment. It's a long way between my current 1.730 cards already collected up to the 3.634 I'm looking for (when I hit the 100% mark).

So guys - I really need your help!

Firstly: If any of you guys are holding on to "chunks" of my wants, please come forward and send me a PM with details.
Secondly: If any of you guys happen to know someone, who has a specific collection in a language other than English, please let me knon (I'd love to come in contact with such a person).
Thirdly: I'd really love to know which vendors exist in countries around Europe and (if possible) Asia and Russia.

Can any of you guys help with the list below?

----------

Vendors across countries (which have cards in the corresponding language):

English: not needed
French: ?
German: ?
Italian: ?
Portuguese: ?
Spanish: ?
Japanese: ?
T-Chinese: ?
S-Chinese: ?
Korean: ?
Russian: ?

----------

I really, really appreciate any kind of help. It means a lot :-D

All the best,
Casper (Denmark)
Last edited by casperjjj on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm always on the lookout for cards for my Global Library of Leng Playset Collection:

Any help getting my wants is greatly appreciated!

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Forest spreadsheet: anyone with 15 minutes to spare? :-)

Post by dragsamou » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi Casper

Introductory 2 Player set exist in Japanese but they are the same as 4Th Edition WB Japanese with the 1996 date.

Salvat/Hachette cards only Exist in French, Spanish, Italian. There's 2 Salvat Spanish Versions: 2005/2006 and 2011. 2 Decks exist in English but no Forest in them.

I didn't see this Forest on your sheet:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/447-rar ... bonus.html

More to come as I need to go further into your sheet...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

casperjjj
Librarities Member

Post by casperjjj » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi dragsamou

Thanks for always being helpfull and fast :-D

Regarding the Salvat cards: Yeah - I've made the 2005's and 2006's run together and the 2011's comes later down the list. Spanish, Italian and French are the versions I've found, so we agree there :-D

Regarding Introductory 2-Player: Yeah, I made a note in my spreadsheet that they exist but that they are the same as 4Th Edition WB Japanese . There's no way telling them apart, is there?

Cheers
I'm always on the lookout for cards for my Global Library of Leng Playset Collection:

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 pm

casperjjj wrote: Regarding Introductory 2-Player: Yeah, I made a note in my spreadsheet that they exist but that they are the same as 4Th Edition WB Japanese . There's no way telling them apart, is there?

Cheers
Nope, they are exactly the same to my knowledge

I will add those:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/478-rar ... index.html

It's not Fourth Edition Altered but Fourth Edition Alternate
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

palaueb
Librarities Member

Post by palaueb » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:01 am

Maybe my track for swamp global set will help you:

http://004.es/swamps

cheers!

casperjjj
Librarities Member

Post by casperjjj » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi palaueb!
Yeah, I gotta admit I've already looked quite a bit at your spreadsheet, seeing that it's quite similar to what I'm looking for :-)

I don't see that you've added Rivals Quick Start Set to your spreadsheet?
You can see here, that it has Swamps in it: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/478-rar ... -list.html
I'm adding it for my collection as we speek.

Do you have any good advise on collecting and organizing this kind of a huge global collection? How long have you been collecting Swamps?
I'm fairly new to the Global Forest Collection, only been at it for maybe two months..

All the best,
Casper

palaueb
Librarities Member

Post by palaueb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:24 pm

casperjjj wrote:Hi palaueb!
Yeah, I gotta admit I've already looked quite a bit at your spreadsheet, seeing that it's quite similar to what I'm looking for :-)
Great! that's the point.
casperjjj wrote:I don't see that you've added Rivals Quick Start Set to your spreadsheet?
You can see here, that it has Swamps in it: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/478-rar ... -list.html
I'm adding it for my collection as we speek.
I will do now, the problem is that I have paused the search because I spend too much in this and I need to take it with more calm.
casperjjj wrote:Do you have any good advise on collecting and organizing this kind of a huge global collection? How long have you been collecting Swamps?
I'm fairly new to the Global Forest Collection, only been at it for maybe two months..
I have been in this for no more than a year and a half. My advice is that you do what you are doing now, taking first the old framed ones. Currently I have a lot of them and I'm stoped while trying to take some russian/japanese/korean ones. In the forum I have some pending posts to review and talk to the person who are willing to sell me some of them.

I have two binders, one with the old frame and one with the modern one. I have organized with tags (or tabs) on the side and is easier to find them. Then, per language and then the foil ones. The most important part is to have a place where you can mark the ones you take, and you have the spreadsheet very well mounted, you have the hard job.

Now, in perspective I really like the collection but it drives me to nowhere, there are lots of very expensive ones that I don't want to pay for it (russian zendikar foil ones), and you need to be everyday on ebay, mkm and elsewhere finding it. I wish you very good luck, we are on the same boat!

Cheers!

casperjjj
Librarities Member

Re: Vendors across countries with corresponding card languages?

Post by casperjjj » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:31 pm

Anyone know vendors across countries with corresponding card languages?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Re: Vendors across countries with corresponding card languages?

Post by l0qii » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:09 am

casperjjj wrote:Anyone know vendors across countries with corresponding card languages?
In my experience such a list is only good for a couple of years, then some stores close and new/better ones open, then WotC changes what languages are offered where (for example Portuguese is not sold in Europe anymore?), so it is very hard to maintain an accurate vendor list. If you are looking for just Forests your best bet is still MKM. For cards you can find on there it becomes the joy of the hunt, and be prepared to spend years tracking some cards down.

You might start by reading this old thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6300 but it has not been updated since 2012.