Balance Summer Edgar BGS 10

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

box1985
Librarities Member

Balance Summer Edgar BGS 10

Post by box1985 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:35 pm

tromagic
Librarities Member

Post by tromagic » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:24 am

Like the undergound sea the balance was sold few month ago ...
I wonder how those items are for sell again by the same seller ?
any one know what is going on ?
I collect old MTG cards.

matts46570
Librarities Hero

Post by matts46570 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:47 am

The Balance was sold to a guy, and that same guy traded it back to the seller for some other stuff very recently.
Unlimited collector! Please pm me if you have any BGS 9.5 or very good-looking ungraded cards to trade or sell!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 am

matts46570 wrote:The Balance was sold to a guy, and that same guy traded it back to the seller for some other stuff very recently.
This is not an unusual thing to happen. I ran into the same situation a few times when I was tracking down some asian foils. I feel like when we see cases like this, that the original sale price should not be recorded or considered when appraising such cards, otherwise I might as well just sell the cards to my friends for any price, and then let them return it, then claim that this is the value of the card.

tromagic
Librarities Member

Post by tromagic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Last 2 years, every week there is summer islands for sell.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Summer-Magic ... 1225474380
Is there hundreds of them ? How is this possible ?
In the same time if you look at commons over last 2 years, there is 100 time less of each for sell.
Maby they printed 100 of each land for one common or a box full land was printed ...
I collect old MTG cards.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:46 am

tromagic wrote:Last 2 years, every week there is summer islands for sell.
In the same time if you look at commons over last 2 years, there is 100 time less of each for sell.
Maby they printed 100 of each land for one common or a box full land was printed ...
Hi

For Summer, at least 400 to 500 Lands. A lot of the ones that you see on Ebay, are the same ones, sold over and over, as price increased.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Re:

Post by magicmisprints » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm

tromagic wrote:Last 2 years, every week there is summer islands for sell.
One thing to consider is that not all cards were destroyed as completely as others. The remaining real Summer Magic cards should not be expected to fit regular "pack/starter" rarity distributions perfectly because some or all of the people tasked with destroying them may have played favorites. I know at least one person did. The fellow I failed to buy Summer Hurricanes from in 98 (even though I had the best offer!!) who had the Lich original art... he was one of these. He kept some of the singles that should have been destroyed from packs that had been opened already, including said Hurricanes, while destroying others he didn't care about, and I presume he wasn't the only one. There might be more Serras than there should be, for instance, or Sol Rings. There are certainly more of a few individual dual lands than, say, Jandor's Rings.

That said, even speaking as a guy who still has several of these left and for whom this intuition is chilling, if I were going to use some nice powerful modern reproduction tech to counterfeit Summer cards, the Islands would be the first I'd choose. High value, high demand, nominally low rarity, for Summer. A card one person could have multiples of without raising eyebrows, but which is still 300+ in halfway decent shape.
- magicmisprints