A Misprint collectors worst nightmare came true VOL. II

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Wow! What a great job mmgun!!!

I have never seen that article before, it was a real update for me--specially the photo of CM. That place is MUCH different than when I visited in 2000.

One thing to consider about the article, however, That Commander set was special and a new venture. I'm thinking that much more care would have gone into it than into a normal day-to-day operation of a print run for a core set.

If the information in the article is still true (three years at WotC can be a whole lifetime). The Spanish cards would have been seen by someone at WotC-Seattle. I still am not comfortable with the idea that there was an intentional change made by someone jut to make that language different.

The Koran misprint fits with my normal picture of how things are done there and I really doubt that there is a Korean proofreader at WotC (though it would be the most efficient way to do it from WotC standpoint. From the Korean standpoint, if they could get the cards .001 won cheaper by sending in their own translation--like they used to--they would do it that way}. That accounts for errors like Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver (Theros) with the +1 vs +2.

I would still love to get a set of the Spanish cards though. Gotta start shopping.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 pm

They are all available at Magiccardmarket at a regular english foil price. Not many people are aware of the issue yet, i suppose.

Maybe your secret Santa is from europe ? .... ( PS its not me:-) )

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:53 pm

mmgun wrote:They are all available at Magiccardmarket at a regular english foil price. Not many people are aware of the issue yet, i suppose.

Maybe your secret Santa is from europe ? .... ( PS its not me:-) )
Wooot, now that is an Idea. I'll drop Jason a hint.

EDIT: Not a good idea, too expensive. I have a friend that may help me get them from Europe.

G
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Default User
Librarities Hero

Ugin, the Spirit Dragon, german misprint

Post by Default User » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:37 am

A new Planeswalker misprint/translation error.

German Ugin, the Spirit Dragon has a rather nice translation error:

"X: Exile each permanent with converted mana cost of X or more, that's one or more colors"

The Ugin's Fate Promos are already pretty high in value, but the german copies also have this error. Finding these might become difficult down the road. There are still few reasonably prized copies availlable on MCM, but the last few are listed at 150 €. :-/

If anybody outside Europe needs one, let me know. I already have one underway for my collection, but decided not to spend additional 85 € + postage just to get the second one unless somebody needs these.

--
Tuomas
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.