Looking for some Summer cards

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

matts46570
Librarities Hero

Looking for some Summer cards

Post by matts46570 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:48 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for Ironroot Treefolk and Grizzly Bears from the Summer edition. Does anybody have this for sale or trade?

Thanks!

Matt

P.S. If somebody else wants to list haves/wants of some Summer cards, please do so! It would be cool to have an ongoing thread on that.

willard507
Librarities Hero

Post by willard507 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 am

My search for a Summer Mind Twist continues. The person who posted on here with one for sale decided he was going to hold on to it until he could come up with a price or didn't like something. It was a tad confusing and disappointing for me. So close.....

I am curious as to what you people think its worth. I gave a firm standing off of $2000 cash or $2500 in trade value (eBay pricing not retail).

If anyone knows someone who has one squirreled away its the last one I need for my Global Mind Twist collection.

matts46570 - I will check my safety deposit next time I go to the bank. I have a small chunk of unplayable Summer commons and uncommons but I don't off hand recall which ones.
I'm looking for odd/rare Mind Twists.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:18 pm

willard507 wrote: I gave a firm standing off of $2000 cash or $2500 in trade value (eBay pricing not retail).
Based on current market values for Summer and a card like this, your offers are sitting at less than half where they should be... or even lower considering the scarcity of this card. I have never seen one for sale other than the one you mention.

willard507
Librarities Hero

Post by willard507 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Wow did I miss a huge price jump in the unplayable summer stuff? I know that my cash offer was the tied with the other highest offer. I asked him to let me know if he sells it and for how much so I guess we will see.

I know he posted it on multiple MTG forums so its hard for me to believe the card is worth 4-5K and all offers were under 2. I don't want to call my favorite card unplayable buts its unplayed.

I'd love to hear what others think, perhaps I low balled him hard. I thought it was a very solid initial offer.

paris

Post by paris » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 am

willard507 wrote:Wow did I miss a huge price jump in the unplayable summer stuff? I know that my cash offer was the tied with the other highest offer. I asked him to let me know if he sells it and for how much so I guess we will see.

I know he posted it on multiple MTG forums so its hard for me to believe the card is worth 4-5K and all offers were under 2. I don't want to call my favorite card unplayable buts its unplayed.

I'd love to hear what others think, perhaps I low balled him hard. I thought it was a very solid initial offer.
Abugames has unlimited Mind Twist listed as $22 and summer Mind Twist listed as $4,000, so it's probably in a different class than unplayable stuff like Lifelace (where unlimited is listed as $3 and summer is listed as $1,000).

willard507
Librarities Hero

Post by willard507 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 am

The price a RETAIL store lists on cards they don't have and haven't had in a least the last 5 years or likely never had is less relevant in my opinion to the current price.

Also you are making a point for my price as the summer Mind Twist has a multiplier of less then 200 compared to its unlimited counterpart where Life Lace is over 333. The non-retail actual price you can get an unlimited mind twist for is $10ish multiply that by 200... but I digress.

I know that my offer and the other high offer (which came from a member of this forum as well) both were the same which seems to point to the price being far less then double our offers as we both collect and own a fair amount of Summer and are likely the main/only market for this card.

I am sorry to hijack this thread with Mind Twist price discussions.

matts46570
Librarities Hero

Post by matts46570 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:18 am

willard507 wrote:My search for a Summer Mind Twist continues. The person who posted on here with one for sale decided he was going to hold on to it until he could come up with a price or didn't like something. It was a tad confusing and disappointing for me. So close.....

I am curious as to what you people think its worth. I gave a firm standing off of $2000 cash or $2500 in trade value (eBay pricing not retail).

If anyone knows someone who has one squirreled away its the last one I need for my Global Mind Twist collection.

matts46570 - I will check my safety deposit next time I go to the bank. I have a small chunk of unplayable Summer commons and uncommons but I don't off hand recall which ones.
Hi Willard507, thanks I'll be waiting for your message! And no problem for the ongoing discussion about the Mind Twist, I also chatted with the guy about it cause I was interested, but yeah, he's holding on to it for now I guess.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:49 am

By the way, Mind twist is really not a unplayable rare as the ohers in Revised (like Sunglasses of Urza, Bottle of Suleiman, Flying Carpet, Web...)

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:08 pm

Well I just want to throw my two cents worth into the "Summer Prices" conversation.
With cards like this a "Price" is very subjective, being some of the rarest cards around.
In my opinion you can't just "gauge" the price with past numbers and a simple add of % on top.
With prices skyrocketing every year, and so few sales for comparison, even past prices are not even realistic to base anymore.
It's all about what someone is willing to pay VS what someone is willing to sell for.
If they are willing to sell, you will get your price.
I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:29 am

Giediprime41 wrote:Well I just want to throw my two cents worth into the "Summer Prices" conversation.
With cards like this a "Price" is very subjective, being some of the rarest cards around.
In my opinion you can't just "gauge" the price with past numbers and a simple add of % on top.
With prices skyrocketing every year, and so few sales for comparison, even past prices are not even realistic to base anymore.
It's all about what someone is willing to pay VS what someone is willing to sell for.
If they are willing to sell, you will get your price.
Perfectly put!