New MtG Site: Original Magic Art.com

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

New MtG Site: Original Magic Art.com

Post by notsofasteddie » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 pm

To address the growing interest in the art of Magic the Gathering, a new site has been created to bring together everyone that appreciates the amazing art of the game.

http://www.originalmagicart.com

Visitors of the site get to enjoy:

• Weekly Artist Appearance Reports
• Galleries of Original Art, Magic Rarities and Amazing Collections
• Updates and Magic Art News
• Artist Information - Like which artists are 100% digital
• Art League - The most exclusive Magic format ever!

While Members receive:

• Prizes and Giveaways - 2 currently running for December!
• Exclusive Groups and Forums
• Ability to post and mange your own Galleries
• Ability to post Galleries anonymously just to share your collection with the community

We are always looking to improve the site, so expect the following features to be coming soon:

• Galleries for aspiring Magic artists to display their work
• Artist profiles
• Card by Artist database
• More Contests and Giveaways!

You can also follow us on twitter @OriginalMtGArt to keep up to date on Art News, Amazing Member Collections and Contests.

Take a look at one of the amazing galleries that has already been posted on the site here.

MOTL

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Interesting. Is this your site?

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm

have you checked the collection of the guy named Paul ??????

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

If those are arts and not prints, I'm done with collecting art...
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:09 pm

effai wrote:have you checked the collection of the guy named Paul ??????

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

If those are arts and not prints, I'm done with collecting art...

Yes. Those are all originals.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Richard? The Shivan?!

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Wow! :-O

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:29 am

Wow! This site is awesome!

What a fantastic project! =D>

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 am

Many years ago, not long after the first set for Magic: The Gathering was released, I consigned many of those first pieces to a gallery in Kirkland, Washington called WIZARDS GALLERY, owned by MARC RIECK. Four of the pieces were sold legal and fine, but the gallery abruptly closed and the artwork was not returned, despite the contract we'd signed. If you've seen or heard of any of these artworks being sold or re-sold, or know the whereabouts of Mr. Rieck, please contact me:

Chaos Orb, Fireball, Helm of Chatzuk, Jayemdae Tome, Lord of the Pit, Nevinyrral's Disk, Sol Ring (I), Time Vault, Timetwister, Wall of Wood, Winter Orb, Wooden Sphere.

tedinmark@mindspring.com

Thanks!
I think they were stolen too long ago for him to get them back but I don't think I'd advertise them if Mr Tedin wasn't compensated considering they were STOLEN from him.

Thanos
Librarities Member

Post by Thanos » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:55 am

random wrote:
Many years ago, not long after the first set for Magic: The Gathering was released, I consigned many of those first pieces to a gallery in Kirkland, Washington called WIZARDS GALLERY, owned by MARC RIECK. Four of the pieces were sold legal and fine, but the gallery abruptly closed and the artwork was not returned, despite the contract we'd signed. If you've seen or heard of any of these artworks being sold or re-sold, or know the whereabouts of Mr. Rieck, please contact me:

Chaos Orb, Fireball, Helm of Chatzuk, Jayemdae Tome, Lord of the Pit, Nevinyrral's Disk, Sol Ring (I), Time Vault, Timetwister, Wall of Wood, Winter Orb, Wooden Sphere.

tedinmark@mindspring.com

Thanks!
I think they were stolen too long ago for him to get them back but I don't think I'd advertise them if Mr Tedin wasn't compensated considering they were STOLEN from him.
Mark is aware of the site.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 am

CHAOS ORB!!!!! Oh man, any estimates on the cost of that beauty?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm

I have no idea what the statute of limitations is in Wash State. But it might be interesting considering the possible value of the Chaos Orb could move it into the category of Grand Larceny which might change the limitations.
In any case, I consider it stolen property even if the law did not.

Gary
random wrote:

tedinmark@mindspring.com

Thanks!
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Mark is aware of the site.
It's probable (though I don't "know") the guy bought the art from whoever dealer guy stole those from Mark or a source that obviously derived from the guy who stole them. Maybe he paid good $$ for them (unknowingly aware of the situation) and that puts him/her in an ethical bind regardless of the statute of limitations.

I was just aware those paintings were reported stolen by Mark and posted on the thread as he hasn't deleted the "stolen art" blurb he has up.

Hopefully a good resolution comes about for both parties!
In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve. – Alexis de Tocqueville.
This would be correct if we lived in a true democracy.

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Post by magicmisprints » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 am

Tedin definitely wasn't the only artist victimized by Rieck's thievery, though I couldn't swear to the others anymore - it's been too long since I heard the stories from the artists I was buying sketches from, and I didn't write any of it down.

Needless to say, the presence of Disk, Timetwister, and Chaos Orb all in the same group does suggest that "Paul" may have had some contact with Rieck, or mmmaybe the buyer before him, but honestly, more of these than just the Tedins may have come from Rieck.. ask the artists.
- magicmisprints

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 pm

random wrote:
In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve. – Alexis de Tocqueville.
This would be correct if we lived in a true democracy.
LOL. Actually I am using this as a possible satire of the original intent of the author. Sorry for the off line humor.

My take is that the cause of a really bad "democratic" government is the lack of responsibility and effort by its people. When people want to take instead of give democracy as well as other social governments decay into social morass. I see that as where we (the US) is headed--and we deserve it.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

OriginalMagicArt

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm

So, I run Original Magic Art and am trying to always build up the site with more amazing collections and now some exclusive content.

I just posted interviews with the following people:
  • The Winner of the auction for the new Black Lotus art
    Chris Rahn, the artist for the new Black Lotus art
    The owner of one of the most impressive Original Magic art collections in the world
I would love to get more people to share their collections on my site. I try to maintain anonymity when requested but I feel that we should be sharing our passion and displaying our collections to the greater community.

We have had a great response with regards to Original Art, much greater than I was expecting to be honest, but I am still trying to build up the Alter and Rarity galleries as I know there are some amazing collections out there, but most don't have a single place to showcase the results of their efforts.

If nothing else, check out the interviews which I am trying to get available on a regular schedule (Tuesdays & Thursdays), follow the site on Twitter at @OriginalMtGArt and spread the word if you like what you see.

Thanks,

Josh