Global Drakes and Beebles - help me!

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

axcel
Librarities Member

Global Drakes and Beebles - help me!

Post by axcel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 pm

So, as the title indicates, I have a global collection of Drakes, and my husband has Beebles, which I basically collect for him, because he's not a fan of browsing boxes of commons and foreign stores. :P

Please note that Mistform Ultimus is included, but changelings are not.

My goal is to collect a foil and/or non-foil (where possible) card from every expansion and in every language.

My (new and improved!) have-list is a spreadsheet with separate sheets for every collection.

The sheet should be pretty self-explanatory. "X" means "have" (same for "s" - but signed), "p" means "pending" (ordered/on its way), "-" means no such printing exists and empty space is where I need your help!

Signature is a nice addition, as are foreign Drake tokens, but they're of low priority. Same for misprints/miscuts/crimps of any kind.

-------

Obviously, I prefer to buy lots rather than single cards, but I'm a collector, so hey - I sometimes SO want to have a card, that I'll pay for shipping it across the world even if it's single. ;) If you have anything you can offer me - drop me a message. You never know, I might be interested in these mere five commons of yours. ;)

Thanks!
Last edited by axcel on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

PM Sent
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 am

A major update thanks to berkumps! Over 110 new cards, mostly Drakes.

Still, I need about 300 more Drakes and almost 500 more Faeries, mostly Russian, Italian and French. If you happen to have such cards or you have easy access to them, please - contact me.

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Post PT-Paris update, about 50 new faeries and several drakes. :)

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:12 pm

GP Barcelona loot added to the have-list! :]
90 new cards obtained, mostly Italian. It leaves me with 249 more Drakes and 379 more Faeries to go! Still a lot, but progress is visible...

But I have almost no Russian cards...

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Getting there slowly... But in Russian, Japanese and T-Chinese there's hardly any progress. :/

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 pm

My thread lay forgotten for some time, but I still need lots of cards!

The spreadsheet is more or less up to date: the wants are correct, but I just didn't add Avacyn Restored yet. ;)

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Sun May 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Avacyn Restored + recent buys added.

To people interested in helping me: my main goal right now is to finish off non-foils. Foils are nice, but I'm not going to get'em all soon (especially some fairies), so I'd rather start with smaller goal, and when I'm more or less done, I'll get back to the big one.

Of course I never refuse a good deal, foil or not. ;)

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

In case you were wondering - I'm alive and haven't forgotten about my collection. It just had lower priority than other things. Actually, it's still a pretty low priority thing, but updating and bumping the thread every now and then won't harm. ;)

I've added all the new printings to my want (at least I hope so - hard to keep up with all these special products, duel decks, promo decks and what-not), updated my haves and created (or actually just linked to - apparently I forgot last time) a new, simplified, straight-forward want list.
Not to mention updating "boyfriend" to "fiance" in the introduction. ;)

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:24 pm

axcel wrote:Not to mention updating "boyfriend" to "fiance" in the introduction. ;)
congrats on upgrading your "collection" :-P

btw, I just looked at the tokens included with my most-recent purchase from Russia, and included were some faerie tokens. I've set one aside for you.

Clay

axcel
Librarities Member

Re: Global Drakes and Beebles - help me!

Post by axcel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Heeeey guys! I wonder who still remembers me :D

After a few years of hiatus, I'm back into collecting stuff! I've decided to drop my global Faeries, now that I'd need to get all those foil V-Cliques in fancy languages (and because I started collecting them kinda accidentally, but never cared THAT MUCH for them), but Drakes are alive and well.

I know how you guys hated the ridiculously stupid system I had for marking my haves, so to celebrate my comeback I updated the spreadsheet to make it much, much more reasonable and easy to use. Just look for white cells. :)

As you can see I have a huuuuge white spot in the new sets, so there's lot to do... ;)

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi Kaja,
Welcome back and all the best for collecting your drakes. As I do not collect recent sets, unfortunately I won't be helpful...
Visit the Shores of Imagination

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:11 am

Hi Kaja

I did have a quick look at your list, but as I do have only cards up to 2007, I can't help. Good luck with your search.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:59 am

Welcome Back!