Non-MTG Mail Brag

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Non-MTG Mail Brag

Post by berkumps » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm curious what other sorts of things members here collect that aren't MTG related. Does not have to be limited to CCGs, just anything under the sun. I'll start it off with something that took awhile to finish and was recently completed:

2003 Upper Deck All-Star Commemorative Patch collection

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:58 am

what are those? Are they cards with patches on them?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 am

I collect some baseball card related stuff, although I have been slowly selling off much of it. I still have a few vintage sets.

I collect old vinyl LP's and have ~ 5,000 of them. I have been building a collection of excellent vintage audio gear.

I'll post pictures one of these days

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:33 pm

dry cereal wrote:what are those? Are they cards with patches on them?
Yup, oversized cards ~6"x9", with commemorative patches glued to their front. The backside contains specific highlights re: that years' all-star game.

I believe each box of 2003 UD Patch had one of these, and the boxes ran ~$200ea (not surprising for UD). Getting all 73 of them was not an easy task, but I just bought each patch directly instead of trying to gamble on $200 displays. I did figure, however, that it would be easier than attempting UD's 6000+ card Yankee Stadium Legacy insert set ( http://www.beckett.com/news/2008/11/ark ... ollection/ )

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 am

Well, first off, I did not get these in the mail--at least not many of them.

This is a little different than Magic or Baseball cards but the principle is the same.

Why this specific gun? It was the second commercially produced semi-automattic handgun in the world and it's design was produced for 45 years +. I have always admired its design finesse and was caught up in its WW1 & WWII war mistique.

Upper Left: one of 1000 model 1900 Americal Eagle Lugers issued by the US Army to Cavelry troops as a test bed for consideration of adopting it as the official US Army sidearm. this was in 1906--5 years before the development of the Colt .45 auto.

Upper left, WWI “Artillery Luger” with shoulder stock and 32-round snail drum magazine.
Lower left.Luger barrel sizes. Top down: Artillery (8”); Navy (6”); Commercial/Contract/Swiss 7.65mm; Standard military and commercial 4” and a replica of the “baby luger designed for George himself.

The rocknroll gun is a MP-40 (Maschinenpistole-1940). More commonly called a Schmeisser by US troops though that designer had nothing to do with designing it. Rate of fire 550/min or 620/min if using the ammo originally manufactured for it.

Upper right: The P-38 that replaced the Luger in (you guessed it---1938. Though Lugers were produced up to 1945) having only ½ the machine processes to produce it, being more reliable and having MUCH better sights.

Bottom right: The chromed luger (not original finish) is one of the 300 first 9mm handguns ever made.

Though these pictures were taken awhile ago, my wife and I still like to rock and roll….

If you might be offended by WWII Nazi memorabilia (swastika) do NOT follow this link: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?4qad3b6zx6aoic6

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 pm

LOL!

A modern day Bonnie and Clyde, complete with a black Firebird Formula to make their getaway!

Did not realize you were such a hell raiser Gary :-D
#2 All Time Finest PSA Alpha Set, GPA of 9.64, now retired and re-graded via Beckett. BGS GPA 9.40 after shipping off several pieces to JM!

Current Alpha Rare count = 1500+!

sdematt
Librarities Hero

Post by sdematt » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:14 am

Those pictures look like they were taken in the 1980's. Very nice collection!

-Matt
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 am

hi,
is that your own collection ?

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:20 pm

tap4black wrote:A modern day Bonnie and Clyde, complete with a black Firebird Formula to make their getaway!

Did not realize you were such a hell raiser Gary :-D
I really got toned down while I was living in Wash state--no class three weapons allowed there so the MP had to live in Idaho....sigh.

Colorado doesn't have that problem--now I just have to figure out how to feed it as ammo is out of my price range.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:22 pm

sdematt wrote:Those pictures look like they were taken in the 1980's. Very nice collection!
Could you tell by the model of the Firebird or by my wasteline?

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

yvel wrote:hi,
is that your own collection ?
Yes, it is. I have sold a couple pieces but I still have most all of them. The Krieghoff in the Nazi link is quite valuable now as there were only about 300 made and only 23 know--at least when Randall Gibson did his research in 1980. It was probably the most carefully manufactured of all Lugers as Krieghoff was world renoun for the quality of it's sporting guns and was trying to show it's abilities in orger to get militay contracts--which it did.

Gary

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:34 am

Gary you are a badass.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:17 am

Ertai's Familiar wrote:Gary you are a badass.
Not really. I have a carry permit and have packed most of my life but never needed to use a piece. I think most of that comes from just being careful where you go and how you conduct yourself. My wife and I do have an understanding though, if an intruder ever enters our house and threatens us the police will only hear one story.......

Gary

sdematt
Librarities Hero

Post by sdematt » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:28 am

The film quality seemed like it was decently old (no offense or anything). The car also gave it away. As for you waistline, I have no frame of reference for what you look like now :P

Very nice stuff!

-Matt
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:25 am

Is that legal ?