Original Art Juzam Djinn!!!!

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

EddieO
Librarities Hero

Post by EddieO » Thu May 06, 2010 11:36 am

I do remember Mike.....I wonder if he still has it......he was a bit of an odd fellow thats for sure...

Later EddieO

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu May 06, 2010 12:40 pm

EddieO wrote:Gary, any ideas on the whereabouts of the Original Erhnam Djinn art? has Horrible Hordes, but will not sell it...!!

Honestly, for the Original Erhnam....I would pay well over what its worth, and maybe even a night with my wife!:P
Eddie--do you have a scan of your wife???

LOL JK!!!!! I have not followed art very well as most all the action with the early stuff happened while I was in Korea and I always found out about whatever sold after it was too late to get in on it.

I do think I met Spikey at the Seattle game center though.

Best of luck tracking him down and even more luck in getting the art.

Gary

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Prices on Artwork

Post by chaosdjinn » Sat May 08, 2010 1:37 am

I agree, the seller is off his rocker. Though one of the top 5 iconic pieces of the game, that price won't be had for at least 50 years when/ if the game has persisted that long (which I'm hoping it will). I agree with whoever said 5-10K; that is probably the collector's market for this piece as of now.

Just for reference, I sold both of Anson's originals for Spinal Villian and Maze of Ith for 1200.00 2 years ago(I priced the Maze at 1K and the Villian at 200 for the buyer) . I felt it was a fair price and, other than the fact that I'm a mental health professional and bought/love the Maze of Ith for its symbolism of all things crazy, I won't regret the sale financially at all for at least a few decades.
Last edited by chaosdjinn on Sat May 08, 2010 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

EddieO
Librarities Hero

Post by EddieO » Sat May 08, 2010 1:46 am

Umm, I paid $1200? I think it was $1100 for the pair:)

Spinal Villian is going to be a prize for a tournament I am going to run this summer......Creature Only Highlander.....it's a wild format I came up with in the 90s.....we ran a tourney with 50 slots and it sold out in less than a week....

Later EddieO

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Sat May 08, 2010 1:59 am

EddieO wrote:Umm, I paid $1200? I think it was $1100 for the pair:)

Spinal Villian is going to be a prize for a tournament I am going to run this summer......Creature Only Highlander.....it's a wild format I came up with in the 90s.....we ran a tourney with 50 slots and it sold out in less than a week....

Later EddieO
Sorry man...the first thing to go is the memory!!!

I wish you the best of luck with those awesome pieces.

By the way, if you ever need to part with the Maze, let me know, I'll be back in the market for it.

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Sat May 08, 2010 6:44 am

chaosdjinn wrote:
EddieO wrote:Umm, I paid $1200? I think it was $1100 for the pair:)

Later EddieO
Sorry man...the first thing to go is the memory!!!

I wish you the best of luck with those awesome pieces.

By the way, if you ever need to part with the Maze, let me know, I'll be back in the market for it.

Me too... I would be thrilled to trade or buy Maze!

EddieO
Librarities Hero

Post by EddieO » Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 am

It could be available.....I never even had it framed.....still sits in the box that it was shipped in......lazy I guess. Feel free to PM me....

Later EddieO

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Post by magicmisprints » Thu May 27, 2010 10:07 am

They're currently mine, but that could change. I've got a couple hundred more (less iconic, perhaps) original Magic undersketches, including those for a bunch of Alpha cards. I included the Yawgmoth's sketch for ritnecrowin and the Erhnam sketches for EddieO's benefit.. my Erhnam is the *real* original Erhnam, the sketch used to get design approval for the painting.. though I would gladly trade it for the second one that EddieO lusts for and that KMJ actually used a paintbrush to create. :-)

That World Champion sketch is one of only three images of that card that survive from 96 - the painting and the card itself are the others. Rush told me that he asked for a proof as part of his payment to do the painting but that they had accidentally shredded all those in their zeal to make the card unique. I bought the sketch from him in 97.. or was it 98? Anyway, enjoy.. and make offers if you are interested in something or let me know if you're curious about the other sketches (200-250 of them) or paintings (about three dozen total).

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Sun May 30, 2010 11:08 am

The armor painting is a nice one.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon May 31, 2010 4:51 pm

magicmisprints wrote: That World Champion sketch is one of only three images of that card that survive from 96 - the painting and the card itself are the others.
+1
if you read attentively the last library posts there is surprisingly another exemplar.

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Post by magicmisprints » Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm

pp wrote:
magicmisprints wrote: That World Champion sketch is one of only three images of that card that survive from 96 - the painting and the card itself are the others.
+1
if you read attentively the last library posts there is surprisingly another exemplar.
Library posts? Not sure where those are/what you are referring to, but...
as of 97, when I bought the item from Chris Rush, he assured me that there were no others, and told me the story about the shredded proofs. Perhaps in the interim someone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

pp

Post by pp » Mon May 31, 2010 8:21 pm

A Testprint exists. The owner, a great collector, promised that he will show a pic one day ;)

pp

Post by pp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Mana Drain Original Art

A real deal :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-MANA-DRAIN ... 0708412122

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:28 pm

this is more fair, sorry for spamming!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stomper-Cub-x1-rise ... 3cb2035a70
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:29 pm

pp wrote:Mana Drain Original Art

A real deal :-\

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-MANA-DRAIN ... 0708412122
Daniel should be wearing a burgundy robe and smoking a pipe in the videos he inserts into his auctions.