New Book Promo - Jace Baleren

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm

I was told that my shop isn't getting any and these are INSANE rare. =(
Sorry Marcel.

me-and_we
Librarities Legend

Post by me-and_we » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm

ritnecrowin wrote:I was told that my shop isn't getting any and these are INSANE rare. =(
Sorry Marcel.
Thanks for your effort, I'll take one off Gryfalias hands :)

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:31 pm

I found one this weekend at a prerelease event... The owner had them marked up to 31.99.. He only had 1 and since everyone is saying how rare these are, I picked it up. If anyone needs it, I don't collect this stuff. It would be what I paid plus shipping. -- Let me know Marcel

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:06 pm

In case anyone saw the EBay auction (NOT being run by me..some are), another seller posted this information:

THESE ARE VERY LIMITED AND CAME ONLY WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRE-ORDER ONLY PLANEWALKER GUIDE BOOK WHICH WAS LIMITED TO ONLY ABOUT 1000 MADE AND HAS LONG SINCE BEEN SOLD OUT

Except for the first statement (very limited) the rest of the comment is almost entirely 100% wrong. The number produced that has been quoted here on these boards seems to be correct (5000) and it isn't sold out yet (I know, because I ordered..more..today..hehe), plus it had nothing to do with the Planewalker Guide Book (which was in the Shards fat pack) and doesn't require pre-ordering (unless your local store that can order it requires it). What it DOES require is a store that ran a pre-release.
He's just this guy, ya know?

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Just as an FYI, I'm pretty sure everyone who ordered one here got theirs already. Enjoy the book and the card!

samurai_socks

Post by samurai_socks » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:56 am

I looked to see if there was a policy of not necroing an old thread and to start a new on instead. I apologise if this is against forum policy.

My question was related to this thread so thought it could go here. I wondered if there was ever an accurate determination on the print numbers of the Jace Beleren Book Promo.

Lots of people said 5000 but I have not seen a definitive number anywhere.

The price of these seems to keep going up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-Jace-Beleren-Bo ... 1c18cf6258

Sure that might be an outlier but they are still selling strong at $65+

Any help would be appreciated.

-Cheers-

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:19 am

ritnecrowin wrote:But the old books were paperback and many folks would go into the stores and simply tear the last page out of the book without purchasing it...

These, you MUST purchase the book and it's hardback.. 20$ more than the previous..
I think l0qii is refering to the last Jace book with promo card. It was hardback and the card came with the book--at least when I got mine.

Gary

Gryfalia

Post by Gryfalia » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:32 pm

The 5000 number was from WotC reps, and I'm pretty sure it's true. I'm also quite certain they weren't all distributed, actually. But hey, it was nice to be able to say I had over 5% of the entire print run.

Sadly they are all gone, except for my personal set. The last ones I sold off at a playset of 4 for $240 on Ebay, so $65 doesn't seem out of line.
Last edited by Gryfalia on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

samurai_socks

Post by samurai_socks » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks for the info Gryfalia.

-Cheers-