"I have some textless foils not on here, and more"

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

"I have some textless foils not on here, and more"

Post by berkumps » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:36 am

Here is a post by user fvzappa I found in the News section over at www.magiclibrary.net, figured I'd post it over here for more exposure.

Quoting fvzappa

"Hello again, not on here as much as I used to be, but I have a few oddities that really should be included.

Some of the items I own I came here to research are-

Pre-alpha playtest cards (still have two decks plus extras)

*These I've had for a long time, & so far Ralph has told me that these are too difficult to document.

Playtest cards in general

*I recently got nearly the entire dark set, & have seen some Arabian Nights. Would love to see a fewexamples on here at least.

Foil 3-D Dragon Whelp

*Saw info & scan, I was hoping to know more.... that picture doesn't do it justice, this is one hell of a card.

Textless foils

*I own two, Serra Avatar & Scent of Cinder (I think that's the card name anyhow) Serra Avatar is on here but the other is not. I also saw another textless foil (some black Ron Spencer card) that is not on here. Gamingjim owns it. Hopefully we can include these soon if you would like.

3 different "M" filler cards.

*One of them is listed, another I provided scans for (and is not listed yet), and another I have seen is not on here, & has not been mentioned that I know of. I should get scans.

But long story short, I have a few things that are not listed, but I feel should be. I'd like to know what I can about these cards, & if anyone can be of any help that'd be great.

Thanks all."

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:13 am

Hi Members.
Two things comes to my mind:
Keith has always been an Alien,I have already contact him as he canno't read my multiples announcements anymore and I offered him Brand New Glasses for Christmas :-D
http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4900
If that Ghost Town Forum on Magiclibrary will be closed like Ralph has mentioned,he will do,this will not took place.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:49 pm

The old forum will be taken offline eventually, but I dare not to haste. dragsamou's website project is still much too young to put the old website to rest for good.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:36 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:The old forum will be taken offline eventually, but I dare not to haste. dragsamou's website project is still much too young to put the old website to rest for good.
Hi Ralph.
I will not have mentioned it,if you didn't told me clearly that the Old Forum will be closed once the Members will get used to the New one, after 2 or 3 monthes,I didn't talked about the Website But the Forum.Anyway,it's not your fault if some Members canno't read the multiples announcements on the Old Forum.Take Care.Alexis.
PS:By the way are you keeping your Collection,as I know,you have few things that I need for mine.LMK.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:27 pm

dragsamou: I am currently selling my collection. I will return with more information soon.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Antiquities

Post by equi-nox76 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:08 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:dragsamou: I am currently selling my collection. I will return with more information soon.
Hi Ralph,

if you really do sell your entire collection, you know which Set I miss in gem mint :wink:

Chris

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:42 am

Okay, so I wondered why the other site was a ghost town, but I saw nothing to indicate the changes were final.

Anyhow, as usual, I uncovered some goofy stuff that needs some investigating. I'll try & see what I can come up with, & any help is always appreciated...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:44 am

Hi Keith.
I would gladly add anything that you mentioned.Contact me.
Thanks.Alexis.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:33 am

Thanks Alexis. I'll fire up the scanner as soon as I can...

The textless foils are per as shown here-
http://www.badongo.com/pic/86000

Theses should be included, as these are real, I've seen most of them myself. The other foil, Mark of Fury (not Scent of Cinder, sorry), is not from the same set, so I am not sure of its origin. But I can verify that they all exist... I'm gonna have to pick gamingjim's brain a bit more :)

And the playtest cards, I have a few already scanned-

I guess if we wanted to feature examples somewhere on the site if desired. A bunch of stuff is on the site linked in my signature... and the 3rd 'M' card, well, I've gotta track down someone!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:15 am

fvzappa wrote:Thanks Alexis. I'll fire up the scanner as soon as I can...

Theses should be included, as these are real, I've seen most of them myself. The other foil, Mark of Fury (not Scent of Cinder, sorry), is not from the same set, so I am not sure of its origin. But I can verify that they all exist... I'm gonna have to pick gamingjim's brain a bit more :)

And the playtest cards, I have a few already scanned-
I guess if we wanted to feature examples somewhere on the site if desired. A bunch of stuff is on the site linked in my signature... and the 3rd 'M' card, well, I've gotta track down someone!
Hi Keith.
Do not worry,slowly but surely as it will take probably more than a Year under my estimation to add everything on the Website,but my point is to have all these kinds of stuff in New sections and sub-sections,if some Members can provide info(This one for Vic :wink: )fine,otherwise what really matters is that at least Scans are on Magiclibrarities.I will help you to pick gamingjim's brain,he's not in my Special Thanks Support section for nothing,as he has always been of Great help for the website in the past no reasons that things change in the Future.I can't wait to see that 3rd M Filler \:D/
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:05 am

Do we have a compilation of pre-alpha test cards? I have nowhere near the cash to buy them, but it seems kinda cool to see what was what before the game was released (I have been digging the Starcraft Beta somebody hacked up to playability this year).

Its interesting, for example, that Prodigal sorcerer was 3U, and benalish hero was 1W. Shatter @ 2R sorcery, yuck.

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:39 am

Volcanon wrote:Do we have a compilation of pre-alpha test cards? I have nowhere near the cash to buy them, but it seems kinda cool to see what was what before the game was released (I have been digging the Starcraft Beta somebody hacked up to playability this year).

Its interesting, for example, that Prodigal sorcerer was 3U, and benalish hero was 1W. Shatter @ 2R sorcery, yuck.
That is not how those casting costs work.

For pre-alpha cards, the first number is the total is costs to cast, followed by a number of colored circles representing how much of that total mana had to be of that color. For example 5WW in that system converts to the modern day 3WW.

Also, I'd be interested in some scans of the British Isle Islands.

I also love these: http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/931/im001160cx6.jpg

Mykeatog
Librarities Hero

Post by Mykeatog » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:07 pm

I've had the textless Skittering Skirge listed on eBay for quite a while. (That is the card that Keith refers to, I know because I was the one with it - not Jim).

I can also say that he is right about the M Filler card. It was one that I had never seen before, and I bought it as soon as I found it. I sold it at gencon, so I never got it somewhere to scan it. It was essentially entirely black, and both the M and the ring were shadows. That is the best I can do. I might be able to get a scan from the guy.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Grapes17 wrote:
Volcanon wrote:Do we have a compilation of pre-alpha test cards? I have nowhere near the cash to buy them, but it seems kinda cool to see what was what before the game was released (I have been digging the Starcraft Beta somebody hacked up to playability this year).

That is not how those casting costs work.

For pre-alpha cards, the first number is the total is costs to cast, followed by a number of colored circles representing how much of that total mana had to be of that color. For example 5WW in that system converts to the modern day 3WW.

Also, I'd be interested in some scans of the British Isle Islands.

I also love these: http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/931/im001160cx6.jpg
Ha! Nice pic of my Pre-Alpha Power 9. And to think, Time walk was a red card...

You are absolutely correct about the casting cost bit. It does mean that things are confusing by today's standards.

Many of my playtest cards have been drawn on. Some were ages ago to get ideas for art, & others- like the scan of Ancestral Memory shows- were signed by artists that did the artwork for the actual card. Mark Poole & I had a lot of fun making the Islands interesting. And even Richard Garfield & I played a game together. (I lost, he interpereted my Starburst as if I just gained a turn- see scan). Garfield explained a lot & finished some half-drawn artwork of his that he did ages ago.

Anyhow, scans soon. Got a scanner finally, & have yet to hook it up.