Multiverse Gift Box Set 1996 sealed

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

OGB
Librarities Hero

Multiverse Gift Box Set 1996 sealed

Post by OGB » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi all,

Have a chance to pick up a few locally and wondering what a good price is.

Thanks for the help,

OGB

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:48 pm

How is the sealing holding up? The one I have has been in the same place now for over 12 years and I just noticed that the seam on one end has seperated. It is still "sealed" but I would like to replace it.

Those that have sold on "you know where" have been between 43 and 85. Quite a spread. T&T is asking 140. Looks like it depends on how much you would like to move them.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:54 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:How is the sealing holding up? The one I have has been in the same place now for over 12 years and I just noticed that the seam on one end has seperated. It is still "sealed" but I would like to replace it.

Those that have sold on "you know where" have been between 43 and 85. Quite a spread. T&T is asking 140. Looks like it depends on how much you would like to move them.

Gary
Thanks Gary. For some reason I could not find any on you know where :)

I'll have to check out the sealing in person and base my offer on that. He is asking 60.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:57 pm

I bought 12 of these 4 years ago for $25ea. If that helps at all.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm

OGB wrote:Thanks Gary. For some reason I could not find any on you know where :)

I'll have to check out the sealing in person and base my offer on that. He is asking 60.
I just typed MTG Multiverse. The prices I quoted were only from the "completed" listing. The BIN prices are often unreliable.

It does amaze me though. There doesn't seem to be enough people collecting this type of item to make that good of a market for them. There must be the possibility of some darn nice playing cards in the boosters used in them.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:31 pm

From what I recall, the boosters always contained the same cards, or select cards from a specific pool.

I remember selling someone the JPN chronicles from them, and they were complaining that all the packs had similar cards. Kind of like how there are only 4 variations on the contents of the multiverse visions booster.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 pm

berkumps wrote:From what I recall, the boosters always contained the same cards, or select cards from a specific pool.

I remember selling someone the JPN chronicles from them, and they were complaining that all the packs had similar cards. Kind of like how there are only 4 variations on the contents of the multiverse visions booster.
I had heard that for the Visions packs, but not the others. So what you're telling me is that the Italian alliances booster doesn't contain Fow?

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

>:-(
Wouah, that's too bad. i never opened thoses Multiver boosters, so tha's mean that they are more like promotional boosters than real ones.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Be careful... Don't say that too loud or the booster collectors might hear you and have heart attacks......

Gary
Gary Adkison

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:11 am

Hey wait a minute...what's going on in this thread?

I actually just got one from the other place (I had no idea you guys had tons of them sitting around the place.

I picked it up for the ridiculously cheap price of around $26. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... OU:GB:3160

Granted it had been opened.

I had previously seen one with a BIN price of $95. which even I couldn't justify.

As speculated I did indeed pick it up to get hold of the boosters. In particular the Visions Pre-release, although I already have one which only cost me $4. I also wanted the Italian booster though I had the Japanese Chronicles from T&T and I have the others somewhere.

Now I have to wait until it arrives so I can compare the Chronicles with the one I have and see if there is any difference.

Now you come to mention it, I can't see a WotC employee opening up a couple of boxes of different foreign magic cards and putting one in each of the multiverse boxes.

Given the repetitive nature of the Visions boosters it seems likely to me that they would do a full, separate, run of all the boosters included and package them together to save on handling. Which means they may be different from the general release boosters and this makes it even more exciting for me.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:14 am

I actually thought they were rare items as I only ever saw one in the UK which my flat mate opened >:-( and they rarely came up on auctions.

I have only ever seen the Pre Release Visions boosters available once at an auction, I thought I was really lucky to have found them.

You guys have ruined it for me...

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Unbelievable!

Just received the boosters and each one of them has been opened! It wasn't just the box, each booster has had the bottom cut off with scissors. Often the flaps get bent over so I didn't look too closely.

Nowhere in the description does it mention this little fact.

They are going back, $14 postage wasted!

AND...

I also won these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221106878117?ss ... 1497.l2649

and these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221106871836?ss ... 1497.l2649

Nowhere in the description does it mention that these are glued onto the background... Condition: New, maybe, but glued onto cardboard, really that is something that should have been mentioned or am I just being too picky!

I feel a negative feedback frenzy coming on tonight!
Last edited by GlobalBoosterHunter on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Unbelievable!

Just received the boosters and each one of them has been opened!

Nowhere in the description does it mention this little fact.

They are going back, $14 postage wasted!
demand the seller pay the return shipping. If they don't, then make paypal do it before you'll agree to send them back. Shouldn't have to waste your money because of a terrible seller. Who sells opened packs? Crazy...

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 pm

The seller definitly lies when saying, he had no glue ^^

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Off Topping :
Is that possible to scam Alliance's booster ? Or If I buy some boosters on ebay , I'm totaly safe and get a real change to open some FOW ?