Beta Duals

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 am

Wait, so you're mad I'm asking for a valuation in a forum called "Item Value"? Uh sure.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:04 am

Volcanon wrote:Wait, so you're mad I'm asking for a valuation in a forum called "Item Value"? Uh sure.
Finding a rough idea of the value of Beta duals is a very easy task. A quick search of eBay, MOTL, Apathy House, and/or TCGPlayer will give you a very accurate estimate.

To say you are infuriated when members of this site won't do that for you is what angers mystical_tutor (and I'm sure others).

Generally questions of value on this site are reserved for those items that can not be easily searched elsewhere on the internet.

Magik321
Legendary Infernal Contract Collector

Post by Magik321 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

Volcanon wrote:Considering nobody has actually given me a value yet (one of the more infuriating things about this website considering it's the "rarities" site), might as well.
These duals are the same 2 duals he tried selling off more than a year ago. He put a price on them, I said I could take one of them and this guy stops replying to emails after a while even when I agreed on his price, his shipping and after checking the scans. Total waste of my time. Not the first time he did it to me, first was for some promos which I wanted in 2009. I said his price was alright and I wanted 4 copies he stopped replying. I'm probably not the only person he completely ignored after negotiating on a sale. Tbh I wouldn't even bother helping this person at all.

Ignoring and wasting other people's time is something you can do very well, and when no one helps you with the values you get mad?

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 pm

It sounds more like he's fishing for higher prices than actually trying to get an answer.
I'm sure members have sent tells giving him prices, and offers.
The answer is "the price is what someone is willing to pay for them", and a little advice if you piss off all the people giving you offers they're worth nothing.
Working on communication skills that's the key here.
Remember you came to us, not the other way around.
If you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions.
I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm

l0qii wrote:
Volcanon wrote:Wait, so you're mad I'm asking for a valuation in a forum called "Item Value"? Uh sure.
Finding a rough idea of the value of Beta duals is a very easy task. A quick search of eBay, MOTL, Apathy House, and/or TCGPlayer will give you a very accurate estimate.

To say you are infuriated when members of this site won't do that for you is what angers mystical_tutor (and I'm sure others).

Generally questions of value on this site are reserved for those items that can not be easily searched elsewhere on the internet.
Thanks, VERY well put.

Gary

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:52 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
Let me know what duels you need.

Gary
My missing beta cards are :

Ancestral Recall
Time Walk
Timetwister
Birds of Paradise
Black Lotus
Mox Emerald
Mox Jet
Mox Pearl
Mox Ruby
Mox Sapphire
Time Vault
Plateau
Tropical Island
Tundra
Underground Sea
Volcanic Island
Scrubland
Taiga

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:11 pm

I have a BoP, what are your condition requirements?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Oooops, sorry it isn't a Beta.....

Seriously, please drop me a PM with what your looking for in condition. I do have some of the cards on your list but I need to know what is acceptable to you and what is not. And what you have on my list.

Gary