Any Recent Sale of Splendid Genesis?

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

The_Antiquarian
Librarities Member

Any Recent Sale of Splendid Genesis?

Post by The_Antiquarian » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello,

I have been away for years thanks to the birth of my son.
Just curious, has there been any recent sale of Splendid Genesis?
If so, does anyone kept track of how much it was sold for?

If not, how much do you think the price would be?

I see that MTG rare singles in general, have risen up in value by several folds in several years!

Craziness...

The_Antiquarian
Librarities Member

Re: Any Recent Sale of Splendid Genesis?

Post by The_Antiquarian » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:53 pm

BTW, I am still beating myself for selling Beta Mox Ruby BGGS 9.5 for $3k several years ago when I needed some cash flow.
I did not expect the card to rise up in value by this much this fast, @ upward of $10K!

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Re: Any Recent Sale of Splendid Genesis?

Post by LandDestroyer » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:06 am

The_Antiquarian wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:53 pm
BTW, I am still beating myself for selling Beta Mox Ruby BGGS 9.5 for $3k several years ago when I needed some cash flow.
I did not expect the card to rise up in value by this much this fast, @ upward of $10K!
you're telling me. I think around december 2015 or 2016 I bought a BGS 8.5 iirc beta lotus on ebay for $4,100 and flipped it a few months later for $6,800...now it'd be like $20,000. Then last year i sold 4 complete sets of revised for like $6700 after offering them for $4,800 the previous year then they like tripled in price briefly (these were nice condition). i broke up my playset of unlimited and sold off all the power and all 40 duals at the beginning of last year :-|

But having that extra cushion in the bank convinced me to quit my job of 13 years and go back to school...but I could have paid for school too if I'd waited a little longer :-P