How common are the Masques shifted text misprints?

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

paris

How common are the Masques shifted text misprints?

Post by paris » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 am

Over at the Misprints Facebook page it seems like there's been a few text shifted Foil Mercadian Masques card posted lately. For example:

I noticed that Keith also has a video about this particular type of misprint at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48LHX2gTNtk

I was wondering if anyone knows how common these are. Are they unique (e.g., only 1 of each card), very rare (e.g., only 5 of each card), or relatively common (e.g., hundreds of each card)? Does anyone own multiple of any single card misprinted like this?

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:08 am

Looks like a few sheets, in more than one language, some shifted sideways, some vertically. No indication if the error is the same throught the sheet, though.

I own / have seen multiples of the same card, both in english and across languages.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:15 pm

They're pretty rare, but there are multiples of each card, different ways. I have two Brainstorms that are shifted different ways, and I have heard of several others that are more seriously shifted.