Foil oversized helvault angels

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fratrus2
Librarities Hero

Foil oversized helvault angels

Post by fratrus2 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi guys I opened a helvault foil pack at the prerelease and managed to get two foil oversized angels. Do you have any idea of a value for these ? I have had a FEw offers for around 60€ each but I'm not sure this is the correct price assuming only a FEw where given out and that many casual players are gonna keep them. I Checked the bay and found none. Any help ? :)

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Tue May 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Check MagicCardMarket.eu. It doesn't show price history for sold foils, but the ones currently available for sale can give you some idea.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 pm

The two that I saw close on "you know where" went for around $125 each.

I am looking for them and would like to work out a trade or trade/money if there is some old stuff you might be interested in.

Gary

Default User
Librarities Hero

Oversized foil angels

Post by Default User » Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 am

I picked up one of each of these at 10-30 €, but I predict that the price will settle around 50 € for a while, before most will end up in collections. In a year the price will go up to maybe 100 each, when new angel collectors try to get these.

I will personally pick some more up, if the price dips below 50 €. Any 4 of one of these will certainly be 1 % of the population (with maximum of 330 printed), so I'll aim for that.

Of course I might be wrong and the price might stay in the 80 € range, but so far there has not been too many sales on MKM and new sellers still pop up, so I foresee them dropping for a while.

I'll also aim to get some more of the foil angel/demon tokens, but I foresee the price dropping to 10 € each for a while, before they rebound back up.

Hope this helps,
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.

fratrus2
Librarities Hero

well

Post by fratrus2 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 pm

angel tokens are selling around 50$ on auction websites, so I guess it is gonna be hot to get them for 10€ :)

Of course in face to face deals you should get the oversized for cheap as most ppl don't know rarity of the card. Gisela and Bruna on mkm are reaching minimum 100€ I know there are some jason chan fans but that still astonishes me.

Default User
Librarities Hero

Post by Default User » Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 am

I was just quick and lucky. There's some good points in going to work early after my kids decide it's time to wake daddy up and notice the 30 premium Helvaults info.

I know of 3 foil Helvaults here in Europe, and last time I checked none of the players, who had opened the third one had listed any on MCM, so there should be still some new supply. (Portugal, Belgium and Sweden all had one)

I did get a foil Griselbrand from MCM for 10 €, all the foil angels for 20-30 and four foil tokens for 10 € each. I've already received all but Sigarda and the tokens, but they are in mail with tracking info.

Hopefully I'll have something to show on mail brag after I get the full set.

I also speculated that the full set of 5 oversized and the foil token could go up to 750 $ if the supply dries up and people will be willing to buy singles at 125 $ each.

I personally know 10+ hardcore angel collectors and many more promo collectors, and I doubt that too many of the 300-330 copies will end up without a good home.

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Tue May 15, 2012 5:02 pm

One was also opened in Italy.
I'm trying to get in contact with the players.
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue May 15, 2012 5:22 pm

I have 2 extras :
Bruna, Light of Alabaste
Griselbrand

if needed

Default User
Librarities Hero

Oversized foils

Post by Default User » Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 am

I've gotten comfirmation from a few other stores with premium Helvaults

- 1 in Sweden (Hearsay, I haven't seen a single one for sale from Sweden, so this might be a phantom Vault)
- Paris (Magic Bazaar had one)
- Brussels (Outpost Brussels, it seems)
- Italy (There might be two, there's a lot of copies on sale)
- Germany (One opened, but I don't know the store)
- Portugal (Lot of sellers)

There's also one seller from Neatherlands with a few copies of various foils, but I would have expected more sellers, if there had been 54 opened. So most likely this one bought some for cheap and now resells them.

So at least 5 foil Vaults loose in Europe, maybe up to 8. I'll be picking all loose ones that go to 50 € or under from here. They do pop up every now and then and get bought almost instantly. I have also received the last missing foil and have my full set and a few foil tokens. WIth a few more coming.

SCG is giving 50 $ for each of the oversized promos, so eBay prices will stay above that, I can see the price staying above 100$ each, unless there's more supply coming for sale. Altough there's currently one Griselbrand on sale in ebay (for USA only) with under two days left and price still under 5 $.

In MCM Gisella seems to be the hottest seller, as the card is great in EDH and there are also *GASP* players buying these in addition to collectors. A full set (without the angel/demon) was also sold at around 350 € and another set at 400 € has also disappeared.

Double sided foil tokens are settling to around 22-24 € each, so I'm not getting my 1 % of them, as 750 € is not worth it. I like alpha cards much more. :-D

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 pm

I got 2 sets from MKM recently. One for myself, one for a friend here. Did not want to wait too much.

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm in contact with the Italian players who opened the special Hellvault.
I've been told that they still have both tokens and oversized cards.
If you wish to talk to them, pm me your email and I'll send it to them so that you may work a direct deal.
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge