Sneak Attack (Judge)

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Sneak Attack (Judge)

Post by Knutsen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi guys,

looking for a mint 'Sneak Attack' Judge Reward Promo - anyone can help? :)

Thanks and greetings

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Sneak Attack should be given for the first time to judges on staff at PT Barcelona next May.
I don't know why there are already some on the auction site.
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

Doymecca

Post by Doymecca » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:55 am

Kalle wrote:Sneak Attack should be given for the first time to judges on staff at PT Barcelona next May.
I don't know why there are already some on the auction site.

They where given out at a previous judge conference the week befor GP Indy.

Knutsen

Post by Knutsen » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

By the way - is there any rule/order/structure when new DCI Judge Promos are announced and/or released?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Knutsen wrote:By the way - is there any rule/order/structure when new DCI Judge Promos are announced and/or released?
Yes. But it is classified "Top Secret", internally revised three times a year and publicaly denied.

Gary

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:20 pm

There's 8 new ones a year that are released at the PTs and Worlds. They are numbered 1-8 or 1-9 depending if there is a Judge gift that year. Worlds releases cards 1&2 of the next year and the next PT releases 3&4, next does 5&6 and the last one does 7&8. Judge packs meant for later events occasionally are given out earlier (like the Command Tower and Sneak Attack which are given away at PT Barcelona in May).

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:03 am

Ram-Gang wrote:There's 8 new ones a year that are released at the PTs and Worlds. They are numbered 1-8 or 1-9 depending if there is a Judge gift that year. Worlds releases cards 1&2 of the next year and the next PT releases 3&4, next does 5&6 and the last one does 7&8. Judge packs meant for later events occasionally are given out earlier (like the Command Tower and Sneak Attack which are given away at PT Barcelona in May).
Any idea what happend to 4/8 G11 and what it was?

Gary

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 am

I believe it is Karmic Guide in new boarder and new art and it was given out in Honolulu at the Dark Ascension Pro Tour along with Sword of Light and Shadow in old frame and original art. I saw quite a few of both in dealers and traders booths at Grand Prix Indianapolis. I believe that there was a last second change in distribution order based on unknown reasons as otherwise they'd have simply renumbered the cards before printing them. However it is odd as the Judge Gift cards are generally done very carefully.

-Travis

Knutsen

Post by Knutsen » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Ah okay ... and does anyone know how much of the promos are printed and given out? By the way - the Judge section is a little bit outdated since 2011. :)

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Ram-Gang wrote:I believe it is Karmic Guide in new boarder and new art and it was given out in Honolulu at the Dark Ascension Pro Tour along with Sword of Light and Shadow in old frame and original art. I saw quite a few of both in dealers and traders booths at Grand Prix Indianapolis. I believe that there was a last second change in distribution order based on unknown reasons as otherwise they'd have simply renumbered the cards before printing them. However it is odd as the Judge Gift cards are generally done very carefully.

-Travis
My Karmic Guide is numbered 4/8 Judge. Seems the 2012 cards have Judge instead of G12 as one would expect. The card I am asking about would be from the previous year. 4/8 G11. I can not find any informaiton on it and would greatly appreciate some.

Thanks.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:28 pm

I apologize I thought you meant this year. 4/8 last year was Bitterblossom in new frame and new art. It was given out with Vendillion Clique at the Magic Weekend in Paris. I believe that judges at the GP and the PT got the same cards.

-Travis

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Ram-Gang wrote:I apologize I thought you meant this year. 4/8 last year was Bitterblossom in new frame and new art. It was given out with Vendillion Clique at the Magic Weekend in Paris. I believe that judges at the GP and the PT got the same cards.

-Travis
I thought Bitterblossom was 1/8 G11?

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 pm

berkumps wrote:
Ram-Gang wrote:I apologize I thought you meant this year. 4/8 last year was Bitterblossom in new frame and new art. It was given out with Vendillion Clique at the Magic Weekend in Paris. I believe that judges at the GP and the PT got the same cards.

-Travis
I thought Bitterblossom was 1/8 G11?
It is. The ones I have from 2011 are:
And can be seen at www.mystical-tutor.com/wp/
Promotional Cards>Partner Appriciation

Bitterblosom 1/8
Sword of Fire and Ice 2/8
Vendilion Clique 3/8
Unknown 4/8
Mana Creypt 5/8
Dark Confiding 6/8
Doubling Season 7/8
Goblin Welder 8/9

Looking forward to your info on that missing card and what ever it is I REALLY NEED one.

Gary

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Unknown 4/8

Looking forward to your info on that missing card and what ever it is I REALLY NEED one.

Gary
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories

http://sales.starcitygames.com/carddisp ... uct=376318

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 am

Ram-Gang wrote:There's 8 new ones a year that are released at the PTs and Worlds. They are numbered 1-8 or 1-9 depending if there is a Judge gift that year. Worlds releases cards 1&2 of the next year and the next PT releases 3&4, next does 5&6 and the last one does 7&8. Judge packs meant for later events occasionally are given out earlier (like the Command Tower and Sneak Attack which are given away at PT Barcelona in May).
What are the numbers for Sneak Attack and Command Tower?

Also, does anyone have the number for Flusterstorm? I have it as 2/8 2012, but not sure if the number is right.