Double printed Dark Ascension cards

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Double printed Dark Ascension cards

Post by berkumps » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:44 am

So I opened up a couple of cool misprints in a Dark Ascension box. The cards have the text double printed, and has only affected the double sided cards (funnily enough). Below is a scan of the two that show this the best (others have it very faintly, and sometimes it just looks like smudging of the letters).

The Loyal Cathar on the left seems to have the name, cardtype, and text of Hinterland Hermit imprinted onto it, but shifted to the right. The Loyal Cathar on the right is even more fascinating, as in the cardname box, it is obvious that Loyal Cathar was printed again, however in the description, you can see both the text for Hinterland Hermit (as evidenced by the word 'upkeep' starting above the 'th' in Cathar), and the text for Loyal Cathar (as evidenced by the word 'Vigilance' starting above the word 'dies'). Since the justification of the text for Loyal Cathar should be lined up with the word Vigilance, the fact that some text appears further to the left indicates a 3rd printing, so the Loyal Cathar on the right has actually been triple printed!

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:47 am

I found some of these too here in Cincinnati, Ohio. I wonder how common they are.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 pm

I have some of these (5 rares I think) from Magic 2010. I inquired about them last year or so, and I think the thread is still in the forum somewhere. I'll try to find that thread and edit this post with a link to it.

Edit: found it! http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=7378

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Man, you all have better eyes than I do....

Gary

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Yea I have a Zendicar one as well. The overprinting is so good I can tell the other card too.