Tendrils of Agony AP 50% Project (completed! Scans post 1)

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Magik321
Legendary Infernal Contract Collector

Tendrils of Agony AP 50% Project (completed! Scans post 1)

Post by Magik321 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Okay I've been trying to start one of these lately but havnt sat down to complete any of these. I'm trying to collect half or more of the Tendrils of Agony artist proofs by pete venters. I could trade/maybe buy them if needed.

Is the print run for tendrils APs confirmed to be at 50 pieces?

EDIT: Have finally completed 50% of the print run, thanks to several members. I miscounted the Tendrils I needed and I have 27 of them currently for a total of 54%. Thanks again to all the member who have helped me. Here are the scans:

12 with Red Sigs

8 Gold/Silver Sigs with 1 Red Sig

2 Black Sigs with 4 signed on back only

Sketches + Sigs on back
Last edited by Magik321 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:29 pm

Does Wizards supply the artists with APs from languages other than English? Or do they only get English APs? If so, you'll need those too ;-)

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:51 am

I'll ask pete venters on this, 4 tendrils proofs just came in :-)

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:09 pm

Only proofs from sets around 4th have foreign languages, so if you count foreign languages theres more. Ice age block has foreign proofs too? Not sure about Alliances but I have quite a bit of foreign ice age proofs. Newer proofs have been confirmed at a 50 card print run. I asked pete Venters on this (nice guy he is).

My tendrils project has kinda stalled. Only have 4 now. Might be buying more from Pete directly. :) Anyone has these guys?

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:02 pm

On a somewhat related note (not to the Tendrils project, but to AP's in general), I'm looking for Homelands APs. I wonder if artists received foreign language proofs for that or not :-\

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:17 am

Not sure about that. Hav'nt seen any homelands APs before.

Anyway, up.

BadMagic
Librarities Member

Homelands/Foreign Language Artist Proof + Ihsan's Shade Misp

Post by BadMagic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:40 pm

I've got 52 unique Homelands APs in hand & had another ~25 unique ones over the past ~10 years (now sold). I haven't seen any foreign language HL or Alliances in that time, save one rumor that I can disprove...

It was rumored that the German HL misprint of Ihsan's Shade (Ihsans Schatten with front picture on both sides) was one of Chris Rush's Artist Proofs. I have both the correct English white-backed AP & the German misprint. So, the misprint is just that & not a Foreign HL AP...
Note: Chris's Ex-wife was the primary source of the misprints (now sold out), so it's likely that WOTC sent these misprints to Chris and where the rumor began... The misprint is still VERY COOL though :)

Here's the Foreign Language APs I know to exist, but not saying that others aren't out there!

White Border Foreign Revised
- Italian WB Revised

Black Border Foreign Fourth Edition
- Japanese BB 4E
- Chinese BB 4E

Black Border Foreign Ice Age
- French Ice Age
- Italian Ice Age
- Spanish Ice Age
- Portuguese Ice Age

Also, here's a FAQ which hits the AP highlights w/ print-runs, etc. If anyone notes an error/improvement, please PM me. Feedback appreciated!

http://www.firstturninc.com/proofs-FAQ.html

Hope this helps!
T

Magik321

Re: Homelands/Foreign Language Artist Proof + Ihsan's Shade

Post by Magik321 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:07 pm

BadMagic wrote:I've got 52 unique Homelands APs in hand & had another ~25 unique ones over the past ~10 years (now sold). I haven't seen any foreign language HL or Alliances in that time, save one rumor that I can disprove...

It was rumored that the German HL misprint of Ihsan's Shade (Ihsans Schatten with front picture on both sides) was one of Chris Rush's Artist Proofs. I have both the correct English white-backed AP & the German misprint. So, the misprint is just that & not a Foreign HL AP...
Note: Chris's Ex-wife was the primary source of the misprints (now sold out), so it's likely that WOTC sent these misprints to Chris and where the rumor began... The misprint is still VERY COOL though :)

Here's the Foreign Language APs I know to exist, but not saying that others aren't out there!

White Border Foreign Revised
- Italian WB Revised

- Japanese BB 4E
- Chinese BB 4E

Black Border Foreign Ice Age
- French Ice Age
- Italian Ice Age
- Spanish Ice Age
- Portuguese Ice Age

Also, here's a FAQ which hits the AP highlights w/ print-runs, etc. If anyone notes an error/improvement, please PM me. Feedback appreciated!

Hope this helps!
T
Actually I was offered Chris's proofs by his wife some time back. I have some Italian revised proofs, all signed of course. Also getting another 4 more tendrils in.

PS: Does anyone know how to contact those 'harder to contact' artists? Also did anyone complete a full magic set of proofs before?

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:20 pm

When I get home I'll check if there are any more foreign AP's of 4th/RV, I know I have all the different dragon whelp proofs, well from the old ones anyway.
I guess there's a new one with timeshifted? Must get!
On the note of sets, I remembering it being mentioned that some member/s here have complete A/B/CE proof sets, so I guess that would be a Yes to your question.
I myself would want to collect Urza's Legacy AP set sometime, have a couple already, but other priorities for now... :)

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:46 am

Muldoon wrote:When I get home I'll check if there are any more foreign AP's of 4th/RV, I know I have all the different dragon whelp proofs, well from the old ones anyway.
I guess there's a new one with timeshifted? Must get!
On the note of sets, I remembering it being mentioned that some member/s here have complete A/B/CE proof sets, so I guess that would be a Yes to your question.
I myself would want to collect Urza's Legacy AP set sometime, have a couple already, but other priorities for now... :)
Yes theres a timeshifted Dragon Whelp Proof. At the moment I only collect proofs I like or just happen to pick up along the way. I don't mind trying to collect a set, hav'nt figured out which yet though.

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:33 am

up! I'm still short of some tendrils!

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:41 pm

up

Magik321

Post by Magik321 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:50 pm

Updated, finally completed all 50%!
Last edited by Magik321 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am

i found this about AP's information :
These cards have a limited print-run of 50-150 world wide, depending on the expansion and a few factors described her
Alliances through Current Expansion Sets 50 Print-Run
Starting with Fourth Edition & Ice Age, WOTC started sending foreign language equivalents instead of English. This was reversed at Fifth Edition and now only English equivalents are distributed

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Homelands/Foreign Language Artist Proof + Ihsan's Shade

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm

BadMagic wrote:Here's the Foreign Language APs I know to exist, but not saying that others aren't out there!

- Japanese BB 4E
I have a set of Dan Frazier Japanese AP for trade if anyone is interested. I am still looking for Glen Angus cards:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... glen+angus

And some promo cards:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ight=promo

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.