Sealed packs of Arena/FNM promo cards

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Sealed packs of Arena/FNM promo cards

Post by l0qii » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 pm

Do we track anywhere how many cards are in the sealed packs of these cards?

For example the 1999 era Arena cards I think came in packs of 8, but most FNM cards were in packs of 10?
Additionally Harper Prism book promos were in packs of 50.

This is useful information when calculating the value of a sealed pack. If we don't already have that info we should add it

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Sealed packs of Arena/FNM promo cards

Post by dragsamou » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:29 am

l0qii wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 pm
Do we track anywhere how many cards are in the sealed packs of these cards?

For example the 1999 era Arena cards I think came in packs of 8, but most FNM cards were in packs of 10?
Additionally Harper Prism book promos were in packs of 50.

This is useful information when calculating the value of a sealed pack. If we don't already have that info we should add it
Hi Tim

I was thinking about making that list for historical purposes as a compilation but I have way too much updates to work on between Magic Rarities, the two sealed compilations, etc..

I do collect some sealed Vintage Promo packs (mainly Arena), I still try to prove existence for some of them existing as sealed. The quantity of cards in some packs from one year to another can be quite different.

HarperPrism book promos came from a brick of 55 cards. Later the English ones came in clear cellophane packs of 50 cards. Those are added in the index of the HarperPrism subsection (I just miss the pic of the sealed Windseeker Centaur)
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/109-rar ... index.html

Step 1, should be to make the full list of sealed Promos packs for all the different promos existing, there's 42 of those just for Events and Tournaments Promos, 13 for Special Purpose cards, 19 for Media Promos, etc. There's also some specific Promos packs only existing in some languages. This is a HUGE task that will be very consuming. Feel free to create that sealed Promos compilation.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:55 pm

Yes it will definitely be a lot of work!

I think we can post know information here and pics for confirmation, and I can compile it all in the top post like we do in other info threads. What do you think? I don't a lot of info myself, so I would rely on contributions for other members here

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:24 pm

l0qii wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:55 pm
Yes it will definitely be a lot of work!

I think we can post know information here and pics for confirmation, and I can compile it all in the top post like we do in other info threads. What do you think? I don't a lot of info myself, so I would rely on contributions for other members here
Just for FNM it's 229 different packs to verify. Except for Promo pack only containing one card, pics for confirmation will be a total nightmare to deal with. In order to find out how many cards are in some sealed packs, the only way without damaging the booster is to use a magnifying glass and count the number of cards through the clear pack. Of course for packs that have been opened in the past, it was easier to know the precised number of Promos.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:12 am

Hi

I have added already hundreds of info in all the different subsections having sealed Promo packs. The info is located in the tabs like: Comes in a clear sealed pack of 3.

In the index (still working on it) you can find (for example FNM):

Missing Promos Quantity In The Sealed Pack

2012-04 Human / Wolf
2012-07 Forbidden Alchemy
2019-01 Growth Spiral
2019-01 Light Up the Stage
2019-05 Augur of Bolas
2019-05 Dovin's Veto
2019-05 Paradise Druid

More to be added later when I find precised and verified info. Any help is welcome.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.