The Quest for Rare Fillers

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

The Quest for Rare Fillers

Post by TheJGit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:48 pm

My personal collecting goal is to have the most complete collection of fillers possible. I'm hitting that point where finding the stuff I'm missing is pretty tough. I figured that I'd put out the word that I'm on the hunt just in case anyone here might be able to help. Any leads would be greatly appreciated! I currently own 38 of the 57 fillers listed in the fillers section!

I've got spare copies of some rare fillers available for trade as well:
1x Black Round Corner Shiny/Foil Filler Card
1x M Circle - Black Filler Card (There are only 6 known copies. I've got 2)
1x Two Sides Black Border Filler Card (From Planar Chaos Preconstructed Deck Endless March)

Here are images of some the fillers that I'm missing. The starred fillers are ones that I don't really expect to ever own.

Additional Info:
Black Border with Barcode/Black Border Filler Card- Only 1 has been found and it's NFS :'-(
Black Border Foil with Square Barcode Filler Card - 3 Have been found. I know where 1 is and I'm pretty sure it's NFS
Black Foil-White Cross Filler Card- 1 Exists and I know who used to own it, but the current owner wished to remain anonymous
Black Round Corner - Glory Only Date Filler Card - I know where 2 of these are. Both are NFS, but I'm trying to convince one to sell :-\'
Black Round Corner Foil Star Filler Card - I don't own one of these yet. I have a source, but haven't made a serious offer yet
Discard Foil with Oval Holofoil Stamp Filler Card - I technically own one, but it's only got a partial holostamp. I'm looking for an intact one.
Fifth Edition Filler Card - I know where it is and need to save up to make a reasonable offer for it :-D
Gold Border Filler Card - I might know where both are, but it might be the same one that was sold. I don't expect it to be for sale ever.
Mandria di Uri/Black Border Stripes Filler Card - 1 person owns both and I'm trying to convince him he should sell me one.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: The Quest for Rare Fillers

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm

TheJGit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:48 pm
My personal collecting goal is to have the most complete collection of fillers possible. I'm hitting that point where finding the stuff I'm missing is pretty tough. I figured that I'd put out the word that I'm on the hunt just in case anyone here might be able to help. Any leads would be greatly appreciated! I currently own 38 of the 57 fillers listed in the fillers section!

I've got spare copies of some rare fillers available for trade as well:
1x Black Round Corner Shiny/Foil Filler Card
1x M Circle - Black Filler Card (There are only 6 known copies. I've got 2)
1x Two Sides Black Border Filler Card (From Planar Chaos Preconstructed Deck Endless March)

Here are images of some the fillers that I'm missing. The starred fillers are ones that I don't really expect to ever own.

Additional Info:
Black Border with Barcode/Black Border Filler Card- Only 1 has been found and it's NFS :'-(
Black Border Foil with Square Barcode Filler Card - 3 Have been found. I know where 1 is and I'm pretty sure it's NFS
Black Foil-White Cross Filler Card- 1 Exists and I know who used to own it, but the current owner wished to remain anonymous
Black Round Corner - Glory Only Date Filler Card - I know where 2 of these are. Both are NFS, but I'm trying to convince one to sell :-\'
Black Round Corner Foil Star Filler Card - I don't own one of these yet. I have a source, but haven't made a serious offer yet
Discard Foil with Oval Holofoil Stamp Filler Card - I technically own one, but it's only got a partial holostamp. I'm looking for an intact one.
Fifth Edition Filler Card - I know where it is and need to save up to make a reasonable offer for it :-D
Gold Border Filler Card - I might know where both are, but it might be the same one that was sold. I don't expect it to be for sale ever.
Mandria di Uri/Black Border Stripes Filler Card - 1 person owns both and I'm trying to convince him he should sell me one.
Hi Jason

There's 5 fillers that are known to exist on uncut sheets but so far never been found by opening the sealed MTG product they are supposed to come from (or I'm not aware), that's why they are not in the Fillers tab. I will of course add them whenever, they will show up.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm
There's 5 fillers that are known to exist on uncut sheets but so far never been found by opening the sealed MTG product they are supposed to come from (or I'm not aware), that's why they are not in the Fillers tab. I will of course add them whenever, they will show up.
As far as I'm concerned they don't exist yet. If new fillers are found I'll be more than happy to buy those too. Maybe we'll see a departure from the Discard filler trend that they've been using the last 3-4 years on every product.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:18 pm

TheJGit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 pm
dragsamou wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm
As far as I'm concerned they don't exist yet. If new fillers are found I'll be more than happy to buy those too. Maybe we'll see a departure from the Discard filler trend that they've been using the last 3-4 years on every product.
Same here, and it's not 5 but 7 (as I don't have pics of the sheets, they belong to).
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:10 pm

I have the Discard filler if you need it.

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:17 pm

stu55 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:10 pm
I have the Discard filler if you need it.
The foil discard with a holostamp or just a normal discard filler?

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Just a quick update on my progress: I'm no longer looking for Foil Rare Discard w/Holostamp, Gloy Pre-Release, or White Border M Filler v1.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

It only gets more difficult from here though (Except that stupid foil innistrad filler. No clue why that one's being so difficult ](*,) ). The hunt continues!

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Another update! I'm no longer looking for the Italian Coldsnap filler \:D/ :dance:

Help me track down the rest! I'll pay very well! I'll even offer finders fees if I end up acquiring something new!

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Update! I finally got the foil Innistrad Filler! From here on out the quest is extremely daunting. Any new acquisitions will be luck & perseverance!

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 am

Thanks for the updates!

I don't comment on this thread because I never have any fillers, but it is good to hear about your progress.

Good luck!

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am

Maybe you start opening ‘some’ of your booster packs - just to search for fillers in them. :wink:

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 pm

I nearly opened some for old time's sake but I googled how much they were selling for on ebay, I can't afford that! So I opened up a damaged pack of Italian Dark instead, no filler but I got an "Elves of Deep Shadow" which is just as good!

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Knutsen wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am
Maybe you start opening ‘some’ of your booster packs - just to search for fillers in them. :wink:
Hasn't worked yet :'-(
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:35 am
Thanks for the updates!

I don't comment on this thread because I never have any fillers, but it is good to hear about your progress.

Good luck!
Thanks! My quest is technically futile since I'll never own one of each, but I'll get as close as possible to that! Speaking of progress, two of my fillers are now 1 ofs! Face the Hydra filler is off the list \:D/

TheJGit

Post by TheJGit » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Just another update! 4 new and amazing fillers have been/will be added to the collection.

- Oversized Commander Foil Discard Filler
- Foil filler with Small Square Bardcode (from Dark Ascension)
- The double sided double printed Discard filler from that Commander deck
- A new filler dubbed the "ChillerFiller" from the Art Series cards from Modern Horizons 1

I'll post images once they all show up! \:D/

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:34 pm

TheJGit wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:54 pm
I'll post images once they all show up! \:D/
Please, do. I'm not into filler cards but happy to join when fellow collectors celebrate.
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128