Global Boosters, Spares and Needs

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Global Boosters, Spares and Needs

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:07 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... YZEE#gid=0

Ok, a few people have been asking me what I am after so I have taken my Excel Spreadsheet and turned it into a Google Doc. Not used them before so I hope it works!

Anything I have more than one of, the extras are for trade. Anything with 0 I am looking for. Anything with a blank means I think I have one, but it may be in the UK.

There does not seem to be any reason why I have rare boosters already and common boosters missing... I just recently decided to go global so have been buying up random boosters left right and centre. Some gaps are where I bought booster boxes and figured I would open them up to put in the album, but haven't.

I am keen to take all your unwanted boosters, well, the ones I don't already have.

Willing to trade for other boosters, cold hard cash, Vegemite (or any other Australian delicacies)

Also keen to buy boxes and split them with other booster collectors so we can all work towards completion.

I am going to splurge on Magic Card Market again, not next week but the week after but would prefer to give the money to hobbiests.

Oh and please expect errors and omissions, I may have overlooked some editions or mistakenly filled in a box. I will always double check that I have spares before doing a deal, and if I end up buying extra boosters because I made an error, then so be it!
Last edited by GlobalBoosterHunter on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Mark, welcome to the board!

I can't see the spreadsheet, did you make it public?

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Ok, try it now!

(and thanks for letting me know about that handy feature)

The formatting scheme is a bit odd but any feedback on how to make it more user friendly would begratefully received!

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Re: Global Boosters, Spares and Needs

Post by caquaa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Willing to trade for other boosters, cold hard cash, Vegemite (or any other Australian delicacies)
only slightly off topic...
I had never heard of this before. I went and read up on what it is, and sounds terrible! I'd however still try it, cause thats how I roll. If I come across anything you need, I won't be trading for vegemite, lol

Also, whats in your summer pack. You have looked, riiiiight? Any searchable pack I'd be dying to know.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Yup, it is. I bought a jar when we first came over, I think it is still in the fridge

(Note to any potential traders, you will get a new, unopened jar if you decide to trade for the yeast extract thingy)

I have no idea what is in the Summer Booster, I only have Hayden's word that it is indeed Summer and not just a vandalised Revised.

For me the main pleasure is what I am going to call Schrodinger's Card. Until I open the booster, it could be a duel land or a blue hurricane. Once I open it I will probably find it is Lace or an Elvish Archer. I would rather it had the potential to be worth a fortune, rather than the almost certain likelyhood that it won't be.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:13 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:For me the main pleasure is what I am going to call Schrodinger's Card. Until I open the booster, it could be a duel land or a blue hurricane. Once I open it I will probably find it is Lace or an Elvish Archer. I would rather it had the potential to be worth a fortune, rather than the almost certain likelyhood that it won't be.
I am in full agreement with this philosophy. It helped me sleep better at night after trading for some Arabians and Antiquities boosters a few years ago.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 pm

I guess there is a reason there isn't any sealed product in my house :)
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:trade for the yeast extract thingy
what a sales man you are!

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:50 pm

I want lots of your spare haves, and have some or your wants (Most of them are Spanish). I'm checking the spreadsheet for all my wants. Most of them are non english non spanish, which I already have mostly completed.

I'll send a PM as soon as next week to see how much we can trade off and how much I'll have to pay in "cold cash". With more people in the adventure of a Global Booster Collection, this is much more fun.

Gits
Librarities Hero

Post by Gits » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi!

I'm from Italy. I can help you with the missing pieces for Italy. Many stores here have some old booster here and there, so if you are willing to go retail on them I can take them and ship to you for the bare cost (boosters + shipping).

I was blown away from your previous post, and seeing two italian boosters from my youth (Legends and the dark) made me smile, so I am more than willing to help :)

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Hey Mark,

nice spreadsheet, but I'd like to point out some things I saw immediately:

a) there is no Simplified Chinese 4th edition.

b) you do not have Spanish/Portuguese/Japanese 4th in BB/WB. Korean & T. Chinese were only BB in 4th.

c) there's no Korean New Phyrexia.

Clay

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 am

Awesome collection GlobalBoosterHunter! =D>

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:29 am

caquaa wrote:I guess there is a reason there isn't any sealed product in my house :)
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:trade for the yeast extract thingy
what a sales man you are!
It doesn't just taste bad, it coats your whole mouth with its tarry foulness.

You need to scrape your tongue to get rid of the taste.

They just brought out a new range where they have mixed it with some sort of liquid cheese flavour, mmmmmmmmmm!

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:32 am

CHaPuZaS wrote: With more people in the adventure of a Global Booster Collection, this is much more fun.
It will get to a stage where we can afford to buy boxes and split them among ourselves (of course the people volunteering to track down 6-packs etc. will have more to carry!)

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:33 am

Gits wrote:Hi!

I'm from Italy. I can help you with the missing pieces for Italy. Many stores here have some old booster here and there, so if you are willing to go retail on them I can take them and ship to you for the bare cost (boosters + shipping).

I was blown away from your previous post, and seeing two italian boosters from my youth (Legends and the dark) made me smile, so I am more than willing to help :)
I can go retail!

Thanks for the offer and let me know what you find, I will send a PM!

Mark

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:35 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Hey Mark,

nice spreadsheet, but I'd like to point out some things I saw immediately:

a) there is no Simplified Chinese 4th edition.

b) you do not have Spanish/Portuguese/Japanese 4th in BB/WB. Korean & T. Chinese were only BB in 4th.

c) there's no Korean New Phyrexia.

Clay
Many thanks, often information is more helpful than a missing booster! That's why I came here in the first place.

I have made the recommended changes to the spreadsheet, if you or anyone else sees any others, please let me know.

Mark