I am interested in buying or trading for:

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

I am interested in buying or trading for:

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:20 am

Magic community friends.

I am looking for the following in Mint or at least "pack fresh" condition.

A set of BB French "Beta"
A set of BB Spanish "Beta"
A set of BB Portuguese "Beta"

The following singles in Mint/pack fresh

Italian BB 3d Edition
Mind Twist
Personal Incarnation
Power Surge
Thoughtlace
Web

For trade I have:
Sealed box of Antiquities
Sealed Alpha starter decks
Sealed Alpha Booster packs
Sealed Beta Booster packs
Alpha/Beta singles
and a safe full of lesser stuff.

Be advised, If you are in Europe or Asia I am not interested in mailing anything either way. If we can come to a possible understanding I will come to your country for the trade.

Warning. Because of the serious ill health of a family member I may have to leave the US at any time. If I do, the trade/purchase will need to be tabled until I return.

If you are seriously interested send me a post at mystical_tutor at hotmail dot com.

Because I know someone will ask, the only things I will sell outright from the above list are 2 sealed Alpha Starter Decks that I would sell for $1,200.00 Ea. plus postage and insureance. USA ONLY.

I am NOT interested in selling any of the other stuff. It is for trade only and mainly only for the items listed above.

Thank you for your attention.

Gary Adkison
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:07 am

Good luck in finding pack fresh Spanish BB Beta !

User avatar
house_atreides
Librarities Legend
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 8:43 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by house_atreides » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Someone who knows exactly what he wants.

Shame that he is trying to get European cards but is not willing to trade to Europe :-O

Cheers,
Karen
House Atreides - www.hacards.com

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Personally I thought the message was a bit "straightforward"...

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 pm

magic-belgium wrote:Personally I thought the message was a bit "straightforward"...
I do admit this was a bit of a desperate attempt at finding what I want but I thought I'd at least give it a try.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:59 pm

house_atreides wrote:Someone who knows exactly what he wants.

Shame that he is trying to get European cards but is not willing to trade to Europe :-O
You may want to re-read my post as to trading in Europe. I will probably be at Essen in October as I usualy am.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
house_atreides
Librarities Legend
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 8:43 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by house_atreides » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:15 pm

mystical_tutor wrote: You may want to re-read my post as to trading in Europe. I will probably be at Essen in October as I usualy am.

Gary
Okay, you just won't POST to European countries.

But you will be happy to turn up on someones almost-doorstep.

Have you any idea how CREEPY that seems ? :-D

Maybe its just cos I'm female, but really, that sounds a bit odd :-O

Never mind, we have a stall at Essen every year - we also have a folder of non-English cards, if you're interested pop over for a browse.

Cheers,
Karen

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:03 pm

house_atreides wrote: Okay, you just won't POST to European countries.

But you will be happy to turn up on someones almost-doorstep.

Have you any idea how CREEPY that seems ? :-D

Maybe its just cos I'm female, but really, that sounds a bit odd :-O

Cheers,
Karen
Well, Karen, I think I said "country" not "almost-doorstep". Granted, in Europe being in ones country is quite close to their doorstep as compared to living in Colorado and being "in" the US.

In reality, though, this is an old American custom. In our past we actually faced each other when we made deals and were able to closely inspect whatever we were wanting to give or take.

I realize that, with the insidious transformation to cyber society, it is kinda creepy to think about actually seeing someone face to face and not be able to hide behind an avatar or role playing character.

For me, however, it is much more creepy to think about sending someone I have never met unopened Alpha/Beta collectors items for a box full of cards I have never seen. The creepiness of this compounds when I factor in the results I have had in trying to mail/ship stuff to certain places in the world.

No. On the items listed above a trip would be in order. Besides just think of the VAT the person would save!!!!

The bottom line is: Any excuse to visit Europe is a GOOD excuse <grin>.

Please don't take offence at anything I have said. It is meant to convey a serious point in a light way.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Being part of this forum implies some trust I think.

We are dealing huge sums sometimes with each other, and still we have trust.

To be completely honest, I was shocked by the way you wrote to us on this forum, besides being a newbye no one knows you here.

So we should be the ones to ask for a safe trade...

I understand your point of view though, but Europe is not so small. France means 800 miles from North to South, same with Spain and Italy. And driving is sometimes not so easy.
Last edited by magic-belgium on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:48 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:02 pm

It seems fine to me. I was a bit disappointed because I don't have the stuff that Gary's looking for, but otherwise it's all good. Welcome aboard!

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:49 pm

magic-belgium wrote:To be completely honest, I was shocked by the way you wrote to us on this forum, besides being a newbye no one knows here.
So we should be the ones to ask for a safe trade...
Humm, well I guess you did join the community a couple months before I did--at least by our assigned dates. Of course that was the second time I joined as I used this board when I was living in Korea some time back.

And I'm sure the "Special Thanks" to my son and me in the credits means nothing to most people. So I apologize if I have upset any of you old tried and true members by thinking I had a right to post to "your" board. For permission to post, whom should I ask?

I am very happy that you have a trusting community and certainly hope that it will always be such. They are hard to find.
magic-belgium wrote:I understand your point of view though, but Europe is not so small. France means 800 miles from North to South, same with Spain and Italy. And driving is sometimes not so easy.
True, Europe is not small--when you are driving. I have driven from Denmark to Milano. My son rented a car in the UK, brought it under the channel and I will NEVER again drive the autobahn in a car that has the steering wheel on the RIGHTHAND side!!!! Thought I was going to die! Wonder if the company ever got the stain off the seat. And with your fantastic train system I don't know why anyone would drive. We are so public transportation challenged here.

In any case, apologizes to those I upset.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:It seems fine to me. I was a bit disappointed because I don't have the stuff that Gary's looking for, but otherwise it's all good. Welcome aboard!
Thank you for the warm words. Looks like you have been a member from even before the time I previously used this board. I think it was under different management at that time. There were few places to research Magic (LOL and not NEAR as much Magic to research) and was greatly appreciated by our small community in Korea.

Thanks again for the welcome and I will try to behave myself <grin>.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Did not pay attention of the date you joined. Just saw it was your first post.

Welcome aboard :-)

(I guess I always react badly when someone seems so strict about card condition, reminds me of a time I was selling stuff on the Internet and was bashed on public forum for sometimes sending toys with "Not mint Tags") Sorry for that :wink:

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:33 am

magic-belgium wrote:Did not pay attention of the date you joined. Just saw it was your first post.

Welcome aboard :-)
Thank you for the welcome. No clue as to what happened to the post tally. Have posted here from time to time over the years.

In any case, all is well here and I hope the same for you.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:25 am

I'll keep in mind that you are searching for these.

Portuguese is now nearly impossible to find. I sold 2 sets to members here. And Mint cards are hard to find.

French shows up on Ebay from time to time.

And same with Spanish. It should take you about 6-8 months to find them.

How much are you ready to invest on each ? (I'm not interested in Sealed Decks, as I already have one for my sealed deck collection)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests