tell alpha from beta booster

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

tell alpha from beta booster

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:09 am

Hi i was wondering if the was another way, maybe with shining through it using a led lamp or so., i need to find out which one is which, sadly i messed the order inmy collection.
Help strongly appriciated.
Happy collecting!
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:38 am

Hey pickle.69,

To check mine I just held it up to a bright light and looked at the corner to see if it was extra rounded (Alpha) or regular (Beta). Not the flashiest method, but it works pretty well. In addition, it doens't involve searching the pack or hurting it in any way =D>

To the best of my knowledge, there is no other way to tell the difference. Hope this helps!!!

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Just saying ditto to Jared. No need for anything fancy, in fact a bright LED from behind usually blinds me. House light works fine. You may need to align the cards in the pack first to get a good corner picture--or slide one card up/down so it is the only one you see the shadow of.

Careful with the wrapper, they are easily creased and wrinkled.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.