Cancelled Booster Packs order in ABU Games

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Cancelled Booster Packs order in ABU Games

Post by CHaPuZaS » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:33 am

It is always super hard to buy boosters from the US for us, the european citizens.

But this time, I did it more or less right. I purchased the boosters and asked them to send it to a US address, but they refused to and canceled the order, due to the chances of the boosters to arise in Europe (Due to my spanish nationality) and the possibility of Wizards to stop allowing them to sell.

It feels really sad to me that they keep refusing to do it, even if I told them that "a friend from the US" was going to receive them. It was about 50 boosters, all in different languages and illustrations for the Global Set, so it was clear to me that even in that case, there was no chance to resell the boosters (I am going to pay two or three times its price in shipping, taxes and customs).

So this post is trying to address two things. If somebody can purchase them for me and ship them to Spain and if there is a chance that people outside of the US can get any advance on prices by purchasing Sealed material at the cost for anybody. Right now, boosters are available in Europe for as low as 1,90€, which is far less than the price I was paying for the ones I am purchasing in the US and that is not even considering shipping, taxes and customs.

I am a bit sad today. Collecting should be fun, but rules like this turns it into stressful and boring.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Cancelled Booster Packs order in ABU Games

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:39 pm

CHaPuZaS wrote:It is always super hard to buy boosters from the US for us, the european citizens.

But this time, I did it more or less right. I purchased the boosters and asked them to send it to a US address, but they refused to and canceled the order, due to the chances of the boosters to arise in Europe (Due to my spanish nationality) and the possibility of Wizards to stop allowing them to sell.

It feels really sad to me that they keep refusing to do it, even if I told them that "a friend from the US" was going to receive them. It was about 50 boosters, all in different languages and illustrations for the Global Set, so it was clear to me that even in that case, there was no chance to resell the boosters (I am going to pay two or three times its price in shipping, taxes and customs).

So this post is trying to address two things. If somebody can purchase them for me and ship them to Spain and if there is a chance that people outside of the US can get any advance on prices by purchasing Sealed material at the cost for anybody. Right now, boosters are available in Europe for as low as 1,90€, which is far less than the price I was paying for the ones I am purchasing in the US and that is not even considering shipping, taxes and customs.

I am a bit sad today. Collecting should be fun, but rules like this turns it into stressful and boring.
Hi César

The only way to buy sealed products in a MTG Shop in the US for years now, is to have an American contact making and paying for the order. I'm surprised that you could went through the check out, most of the MTG shops in The US use a system that doesn't permit customers with international shipping addresses to check out if their order contains Magic: the Gathering sealed product.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Cancelled Booster Packs order in ABU Games

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 pm

I have bought from them in the past and I had it delivered to an address in the US. I did not mention that I was from overseas.

I have bought from other companies in the US and they didn't seem to care as long as it went to an address in the US.

Mind you, one of the addresses in the US that I had one lot sent to went quiet and I have not heard from them in over a year so it is not without its risks.

If you do get someone to place the order let me know, I might need some too :)