Where the 4 different M Fillers cards are coming from ?????

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 am

cataclysm80 wrote:I suggest that we put a place on Librarities to display uncut sheets.
It would be very helpful in situations like this.
Tav
Hi Tav

Those in a far future will be added on the Magic Memorabilia section (Still under construction) till then I collect all the pics that I can.
cataclysm80 wrote:Interesting that two different years of Arena Promos came on the same sheet.
You said there was no filler, but I only see 10 cards listed to fill the 11 spaces on the sheet.
Tav
Hi Tav

Bad quality pic of that 10 X 11 Urza's Legacy Italian Foil sheet, there's an empty space on the the 10th row and what should be the 10th cards, there's what looks like a Black Filler but not a M Filler.
cataclysm80 wrote:Very odd that one of the fillers has a different print pattern. That should be investigated for authenticity. The only cards I've seen with a different pattern were Alternate 4th Edition cards.
At some point the resolution improved to a smaller pattern, but it was still the rosette pattern.
Tav
Topic about that M White Border - M and Circle White - Grey Filler Card Version 2 is here:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9380&hilit=fake+filler

It was sold for 350$, and I have no clues of the winner of the auction.
cataclysm80 wrote:I would think that the only way for test prints to sneak into boosters is if the test prints are printed in the filler space(s) of a sheet.
If that is the case, the only difference between these test prints and fillers is the intention of whether they should be saved or discarded.
Tav
Specimen and number cards found in S-Chinese V Booster box: The Specimen cards might be Stronghold Test Prints that were meant for destruction, but I can't prove it.
Number cards: Beside the fact that they are numeroted from 1 to 109, and in 3 different colors (blue, green and red), I have no idea of how to qualify them.
One thing we know, is that Simplidied Chinese V Edition is 350 cards versus the 449 cards from all others Fifth Edition languages. So, V Edition uncut sheets are definately different from regular Fifth Edition uncut sheets.
cataclysm80 wrote: If we are pretty sure that the Pro Tour 1996 info is incorrect, it should probably be removed from Librarities so as not to mislead people in the future.
Tav
I have added in the info of the 2 "Black" Filler card: (TO BE VERIFIED)
I have deleted the source for the 2 "White" filler cards till we find some proof about the origins
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:41 pm

dragsamou wrote: Specimen and number cards found in S-Chinese V Booster box: The Specimen cards might be Stronghold Test Prints that were meant for destruction, but I can't prove it.
Number cards: Beside the fact that they are numeroted from 1 to 109, and in 3 different colors (blue, green and red), I have no idea of how to qualify them.
One thing we know, is that Simplidied Chinese V Edition is 350 cards versus the 449 cards from all others Fifth Edition languages. So, V Edition uncut sheets are definately different from regular Fifth Edition uncut sheets.
Does anyone have the rarity breakdown of Simplified Chinese 5th?
There is a card list in my thread about how to tell Simplified from Traditional.

I'm thinking that perhaps the set was printed on 3 sheets with the colors corresponding to the rarity, with filler spaces on those sheets containing Specimen cards. Just thoughts.

Tav

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Sat May 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Winterblast and Primordial Ooze are Rare ( instead of uncommon), Thats all i have and know of different rarity here, since i never opened s-chinese 5th myself.
However, the black,silver,gold expansion symbol should help.
I have scans of all s-chin 5th cards somewhere, just need to dig it out.

Edit: Found the pictures, the two cards mentioned above should be the only ones with changed rarity.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun May 03, 2015 6:31 am

Hi

Let's try to stay focus on the M Fillers cards mystery. Specimen and Numbers cards, can be discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7485

For the complete list of V Edition Simplified Chinese:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1347&hilit=simplif ... +v+edition

I will try to hunt more info from back in the years about the M Filler card, cause we are badly stucked for now.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

The_Antiquarian
Librarities Member

Re: Where the 4 different M Fillers cards are coming from ?????

Post by The_Antiquarian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 am

Just reading these detailed comments on this thread alone...

The sheer amount of effort that was placed by each member to answer each others' questions...

Just reading each comments, I can feel from each posters, the life worth of passion in MTG collecting.

You guys are just amazing.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 am

Thanks!

It really helps to have great people like them to work with!

Tav

The_Antiquarian
Librarities Member

Post by The_Antiquarian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm

cataclysm80 wrote:Thanks!

It really helps to have great people like them to work with!

Tav
Are you kidding me? I should be the one thanking you and everyone else for making the collecting aspect of MTG so exciting.

Please keep up the good work :)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:54 am

Hi Members

As I finally managed to get a pic of an uncut sheet (10 X 8) from one of the deck of the Pro Tour NY 1996. There's No M Filler on it. So still hunting to solve that mystery...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Someone suggested P3K. Although I haven't seen the sheet, I will offer this: I personally opened a curious filler from an S-Chinese P3K pack. It's blank white, front and back. Nothing to suggest it's even a Magic card had I not opened it myself, although it is clearly cut with the Magic die. This is either another demonstration that weird junk can get thrown onto the packaging line, or evidence that the filler may not always have the same back. I can't think of any reason they would do this though.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:58 am

gzeiger wrote:Someone suggested P3K. Although I haven't seen the sheet, I will offer this: I personally opened a curious filler from an S-Chinese P3K pack. It's blank white, front and back. Nothing to suggest it's even a Magic card had I not opened it myself, although it is clearly cut with the Magic die. This is either another demonstration that weird junk can get thrown onto the packaging line, or evidence that the filler may not always have the same back. I can't think of any reason they would do this though.
Hi

I really don't think that they come from P3K, I have opened at least 75+ P3K MTG products in all languages (Booster Box, Starter 2 Player, Preconstructed Theme Decks), I never found any, but did get a White/White Filler Card in a Simplified Chinese booster. I never saw any P3K uncut sheets, but I bet that the M Filler is not on it (Of course I might be wrong). Also P3K was printed in different facilities.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.