Magic 2015 Phytotitan

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Magic 2015 Phytotitan

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:31 am

Can anyone confirm the following: did Marco Nelor provide the art for both the regular and alternate promo art for the Magic 2015 Phytotitan?

This is an unusual happening, in that usually the provider for the alternate promo art is different from the set's regular art.

if anyone familiar with the artist's work can point out where the artist's mark is, or has contact with the artist can ask him just to clarify this, it would be greatly appreciated. otherwise Gunnar has another misprint to collect :-D .

I have visually confirmed both versions in Korean have Marco Nelor as the artist, and the English versions on WOTC also both have Marco Nelor, so if this is a misprint, it might be a global misprint.

Clay

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Magic 2015 Phytotitan

Post by dragsamou » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:43 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Can anyone confirm the following: did Marco Nelor provide the art for both the regular and alternate promo art for the Magic 2015 Phytotitan?

This is an unusual happening, in that usually the provider for the alternate promo art is different from the set's regular art.

if anyone familiar with the artist's work can point out where the artist's mark is, or has contact with the artist can ask him just to clarify this, it would be greatly appreciated. otherwise Gunnar has another misprint to collect :-D .

I have visually confirmed both versions in Korean have Marco Nelor as the artist, and the English versions on WOTC also both have Marco Nelor, so if this is a misprint, it might be a global misprint.

Clay
Hi Clay

You should contact him here:
http://marconelor.tumblr.com/tagged/magic-the-gathering

or on his FB page, I'm sure, you will get the answer.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:26 am

Any update on this topic ? Wont make sense, that everyone ask the artist on his own, one final answer will do it.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:09 am

Sorry Gunnar, I've been busy as of late, hadn't tried to contact him earlier. just sent a message to him, and of course I will post his response when I receive it.

Clay

Edit:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Mr. Nelor,

I noticed recently that you are credited as the artist for both the regular and promo versions of the MTG card Phytotitan (from Magic 2015). Since I have never seen an artist provide art for both the regular version and the promo version, I just wanted to know if you did indeed do the art for both versions.
Marco Nelor wrote:[....] yes, i did both of those cards