Inquiries about Art misprints

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:01 pm

ende73 wrote:Hello,

just some info to add:

I am 101% sure that the Swamp / Drudge Skeleton misprint was (also) in "German Unlimited" (i.e. WB revised or the edition with Dual lands, just to make myself clear) since I recall pulling some out myself from booster packs at the time. Maybe they exist in 4th too, I don't know.

And as Alexis pointed out, BB Twiddle is not a card in Italian or German "BB first editions", but comes from Renaissance.
Hi Enrico

Thanks for helping, with Misprints, it's easier to buy them , than to find the history and Edition or Extension, they belong to :) So, for now, we know that 2 Different Misprint versions of the Swamp / Drudge Skeleton exist =D> Need to find the 2 different scans now to see the difference #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by berkumps » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 pm

I can confirm Enrico's story, as I also opened some German 3rd wb boxes, and got the drudge/swamp many times. Out of two booster boxes, I don't recall opening the El-Hajjaj/Warp Artifact, but that could just mean I didn't get that rare out in the 72 I opened.

On a side note, I opened just 1 dual land out of the two booster boxes. Opening revised packs in any language is such good value! :-O

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 pm

berkumps wrote:I can confirm Enrico's story, as I also opened some German 3rd wb boxes, and got the drudge/swamp many times. Out of two booster boxes, I don't recall opening the El-Hajjaj/Warp Artifact, but that could just mean I didn't get that rare out in the 72 I opened.

On a side note, I opened just 1 dual land out of the two booster boxes. Opening revised packs in any language is such good value! :-O
Hi Mark

Out of the German Revised Boxes that you opened, did you get a Normal Swamp or Drudge Skeletons ? Same question for Normal El-Hajjaj and Warp Artifact. And me, who thought, I was unlucky to get only 2 Dual Lands from one French BB Revised Booster Box :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Rome (Italy)

Post by ende73 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 pm

berkumps wrote:
On a side note, I opened just 1 dual land out of the two booster boxes. Opening revised packs in any language is such good value! :-O
Well that was a great improvement over the ratio of Fallen-Empires backed Wyvern cards you opened :-P (sorry, I can never help myself from remembering that story, it made me laugh so much: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ght=wyvern)

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:57 pm

ende73 wrote:
berkumps wrote:
On a side note, I opened just 1 dual land out of the two booster boxes. Opening revised packs in any language is such good value! :-O
Well that was a great improvement over the ratio of Fallen-Empires backed Wyvern cards you opened :-P (sorry, I can never help myself from remembering that story, it made me laugh so much: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ght=wyvern)
Stay Focus on the topic Enrico...But I join you for the :-D
PS:I'm not better with the 3 Shitty Ultra Pro Boxes of Deck Protector card sleeve , trying to get the Rare Black Lotus #9 and Chaos Orb#7 pieces , but at least, I did get Mint extra puzzle pieces...Mark too, but less Ultra Pro boxes, I think :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am
Location: Germany

Post by mmgun » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:31 pm

ende73 wrote:Hello,

just some info to add:

I am 101% sure that the Swamp / Drudge Skeleton misprint was (also) in "German Unlimited" (i.e. WB revised or the edition with Dual lands, just to make myself clear) since I recall pulling some out myself from booster packs at the time. Maybe they exist in 4th too, I don't know.

And as Alexis pointed out, BB Twiddle is not a card in Italian or German "BB first editions", but comes from Renaissance.

Same is true for Ironclaw Orcs, German BB no expansion symbol , but from Renaissance

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Location: Florida

Post by cataclysm80 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm

dragsamou wrote:
mmgun wrote: Another curiosity regarding the lowercase i's... I've noticed that on the BLACK BORDER Revised cards, most card names use the i with the slash, but for some reason Twiddle in German & Italian (I don't have a French Black Border Twiddle yet) uses the i with the round dot. I find it odd that we have two different lowercase i's in the black bordered set, and wonder if the same thing could happen in the white bordered sets. It's enough to make me question the accuracy of rule # 2, although it certainly seems to apply most of the time.
Twiddle doesn't exist in Revised, do you mean from Renaissance?
Oops, I guess I also did not have my cofee before posting! Yes, Twiddle is from Renaissance, which explains the difference in the i's.

I've seen two white border Italian with Bold copyright that have different i's also, but that's probably a topic for another thread.


Dragsamou, you may want to edit your post that lists all the questions. You had typed "Limitierte Auflage" but I'm pretty sure that you mean to say "Unlimitierte Auflage" because we are talking about white border cards.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 pm

mmgun wrote:
ende73 wrote:Hello,

just some info to add:

I am 101% sure that the Swamp / Drudge Skeleton misprint was (also) in "German Unlimited" (i.e. WB revised or the edition with Dual lands, just to make myself clear) since I recall pulling some out myself from booster packs at the time. Maybe they exist in 4th too, I don't know.

And as Alexis pointed out, BB Twiddle is not a card in Italian or German "BB first editions", but comes from Renaissance.

Same is true for Ironclaw Orcs, German BB no expansion symbol , but from Renaissance
Hi

The Swamp/Drudge Skeleton that you own, did you open it from a 4Th Edition Booster yourself? Can you make a scan of it. I'm going through All the Swamp/Drudge Skeletons scans on Google, and so far, I don't see any difference between a Revised and 4Th Edition one, and I don't even know if they are Revised or 4th Edition anyway ](*,) And can you reply any of my questions in my previous post, so we can progress more on that Huge headache.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm

cataclysm80 wrote: Oops, I guess I also did not have my cofee before posting! Yes, Twiddle is from Renaissance, which explains the difference in the i's.
I've seen two white border Italian with Bold copyright that have different i's also, but that's probably a topic for another thread.
Dragsamou, you may want to edit your post that lists all the questions. You had typed "Limitierte Auflage" but I'm pretty sure that you mean to say "Unlimitierte Auflage" because we are talking about white border cards.
I make the coffee for both and will Edit, you send the damn aspirin by Fedex to me or I put it in the coffee :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Location: Florida

Post by cataclysm80 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I would also like to see a scan of the Swamp/Drudge Skeleton's that is supposed to be from 4th.

My own and the one Dragsamou posted show the lowercase g's & p going down into the art box frame, which to me, indicates that they are from 3rd Edition. If you have one that does not show this, or is different in some way, I'd love to see it!

Tav

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Location: Florida

Post by cataclysm80 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Regarding the El-Hajjaj misprint... If the round dots above the j are any indication, then the card must be from 4th. If the misprint were from 3rd, then the j would use slashes. If mmgun has a regular El-Hajjaj from 4th with round dots above the j, then I suspect the misprint was printed in place of Warp Artifact and that we will not find a regular Warp Artifact from 4th.

We should be able to find a 3rd edition El-Hajjaj with slashes above the j, and also a 3rd edition Warp Artifact.

Tav

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:58 pm

cataclysm80 wrote:I would also like to see a scan of the Swamp/Drudge Skeleton's that is supposed to be from 4th.

My own and the one Dragsamou posted show the lowercase g's & p going down into the art box frame, which to me, indicates that they are from 3rd Edition. If you have one that does not show this, or is different in some way, I'd love to see it!

Tav
Hi Tav

The one I own, looks similar to the one that I post , so don't know if the scan on this thread is from Revised or 4Th Edition. I have looked 25 Different scans of the Swamp/Drudge on Google Images or else credited as Revised or 4Th Edition German, and they all look the same to me #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 am
Location: Germany

Post by mmgun » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I will make some scans, not sure if i manage it today.

To stop your headaches about the skeleton, it might be 3rd WB as well, as i just supposed it to be 4th from the dots above the "ö" in the card type line, which is not a real indicator.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:14 pm

mmgun wrote:I will make some scans, not sure if i manage it today.

To stop your headaches about the skeleton, it might be 3rd WB as well, as i just supposed it to be 4th from the dots above the "ö" in the card type line, which is not a real indicator.
Take your time. My headache will be gone, once I will have all the answers to my questions about those 3 Misprints, and I'm a Very Patient Man, always in Pitbull Mode when I get on a case, I don't give up :) Point is that I don't collect either Revised or 4th Edition German, never opened any boosters of these Editions, and only own 1 Swamp/Drudge Skeleton, so depending on Members and info, I can collect from the internet. Now, I really hope, there's a difference even tiny between the 2 Misprints versions, at any rate, it's clear that the Drudge Skeletons/Swamp is a double mistake from WOTC as it didn't get corrected in 4th Edition :-\'
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Location: Florida

Post by cataclysm80 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:01 pm

dragsamou wrote: === 4th edition: German ===
Forest (4E-german): One Forest card has the picture for a Plains.

Is that correct? My own German Forest/Plains is Black Bordered. Does a White Border version exist?

Tav

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests