New Year's resolutions for your collection?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 am

PM sent on the foil promos.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 am

2013 resolutions :
- Locate and resell all my duplicate sets, cards, decks... and concentrate on Magic only. Will sell my Stargate TCG collection, Star Trek and probably World of Warcraft (that I started building since the beginning in all languages).

Found more than 50 duplicate sets so far. Will post a list here when I have finished.

Would love to finish my Wyvern back set, finish to sort all my collection as it seems it is never ending.

When this is finished, we'll be in 2014 I think.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am

For 2013, my goal remains the same as in 2012 : to complete my Alpha set.

I'm not so demanding : condition may starts at EXC...

I'm planning to get some old boosters too (Tempest and Urza's blocks mostly, french and english).

Last year was a bit difficult for me on a personal way, hope 2013 will be better.

I take this opportunity to wish you a great year of collecting !
Visit the Shores of Imagination

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am

Alifromcairo wrote:...
I'm planning to get some old boosters too (Tempest and Urza's blocks mostly, french and english).
I have found older French boosters pretty hard to come across but then I am living in Australia so that could probably account for it :)

If you come across any boxes and you want to split them just let me know! If I come across any I will give you a shout!

Mark
Last edited by GlobalBoosterHunter on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
...quote]

I have found older French boosters pretty hard to come across but then I am living in Australia so that could probably account for it :)

If you come across any boxes and you want to split them just let me know! If I come across any I will give you a shout!

Mark
Thank you. Ahhhhh Australia... Are you willing to trade plane tickets (round trip) for an Alpha booster pack ? :-P

More seriously, I will be happy to make that kind of deal with you about old booster packs. It is not my priority at the moment but will probably proceed this way next months.

Feel free to PM me whenever you want.

Sylvain
Visit the Shores of Imagination

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
...quote]

Mark
Thank you. Ahhhhh Australia... Are you willing to trade plane tickets (round trip) for an Alpha booster pack ? :-P

More seriously, I will be happy to make that kind of deal with you about old booster packs. It is not my priority at the moment but will probably proceed this way next months.

Feel free to PM me whenever you want.

Sylvain
Great! There are a few booster collectors and while we can't all afford to buy a whole box just for a few boosters we can probably split a box between us :)

As for the plane tickets, it might be difficult explaining them to my wife...

OriginalMagicArt

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I resolve to do the following:
  • Continue growing the Original Magic Art comunity
    Expand my collection of original pieces to at least 100
    Sell excess cards to fund more art purchases
    Get the three pieces of power that I still lack (Lotus, Walk, Sapphire)
Already on my way with #1 and #2. The others will come with time.