Promo 8th Edition Box Toppers

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Promo 8th Edition Box Toppers

Post by BenBleiweiss » Thu May 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey guys:

Couldn't find any info on the value of these: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/raritie ... ppers.html

What are the promo 8th Edition Box Toppers generally selling/trading for these days?

- Ben Bleiweiss
- General Manager, StarCityGames.com

tryst

Post by tryst » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Ben,
They've come down in price quite a bit.
Three years ago, I was buying the last 8 or 9 to complete my set at $3.00 to $4.00 apiece (I even bought one from SCG, I think). I even shelled out ~$6.00 for an Underworld Dreams. Now, the only ones above $1.00 on MKM are the Dreams and the Lord of the Undead.

Oh, except the stamped ones. They are crazy expensive (e.g. Phyrexian Plaguelord from ComicCon). $50.00+.
tryst

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I haven't followed the OS promos for a while, but the only one I remember being worth anything special was the GP Bangkok Avatar of Hope (I've owned zero), followed maybe by the E3 Two-Headed Dragon (I've owned two total). I have owned ~5 each of the Lord of the Undead and Obliterate promos, had about a dozen or so Phyrexian Plaguelord's go through my hands, and the Savannah Lions are almost worthless.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Ben are you trying to get a set or sell a set. If your looking for some I have a few extras for next to nothing.

Gary

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Post by BenBleiweiss » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:47 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Ben are you trying to get a set or sell a set. If your looking for some I have a few extras for next to nothing.

Gary
Looking to sell some, we have some of the convention ones and we're trying to figure out what to price them at! :)

- Ben

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:44 am

Procured a copy of the GP Bangkok Avatar of Hope from Alexis a few years ago for a good amount which I was more than willing to pay to complete my set. By the way, they haven't been on *the site not to be named* for the most part of EVER...