Promo cards? Nothing exciting...

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Promo cards? Nothing exciting...

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 pm

I picked up some odds and ends along with some boosters I was after (combined postage, what can I say?) two foils in each pack, two packs

They are sealed in cellophane wrappers, I moved one about to see the top card but didn't want to move them around too much to find the other cards.

just looking for a link to any info or an idea where they came from

cheers
Mark

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Promo cards? Nothing exciting...

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Mark;

The wrappings look quite like the way Players Reward cards were packaged and sent out.

The only way to tell would be to see what expansion symbols are on them and what tag is at the bottom of the card (which, of course would necessitate opening one). At present I do not have a Mistblade Shinobi listed as a players reward card or a promo that I have seen and the Gatherer is of no help.

Do both packets have the same cards? If so I would really like to have one of them and it would be good trading material for Korean boosters.

Gary

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I picked up some odds and ends along with some boosters I was after (combined postage, what can I say?) two foils in each pack, two packs

They are sealed in cellophane wrappers, I moved one about to see the top card but didn't want to move them around too much to find the other cards.

cheers
Mark

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 pm

They may well be the same cards I will check in the morning.

Do these loose any value if not sealed? I am not collecting cards so not a problem opening them up!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:They may well be the same cards I will check in the morning.

Do these loose any value if not sealed? I am not collecting cards so not a problem opening them up!
That is rather dependent on the collector. I like sealed but if I don't have a card I open the packet.

Gary

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:42 pm

Sorry, i didnt understand where thoses pack come from ?

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:The only way to tell would be to see what expansion symbols are on them and what tag is at the bottom of the card (which, of course would necessitate opening one).
should be able to slide it down and get more info on the card. I'm curious if it was a reseller "promo" or something? Those 3 packs + promo at walmart that people have been fishing for knight exemplar from often have foil basic lands and i have no idea where those basic lands are coming from. Its pretty obvious that slivers are from broken down PDS:Slivers, others are from the intro decks, some are previous promos like brion, but I can't easily explain the shadowmoor basic lands or the other sets we've gotten as well.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:05 am

yvel wrote:Sorry, i didnt understand where thoses pack come from ?
I bought them from eBay.

I was buying some boosters and they ended about the same time and were probably cheap and more than likely no one else was bidding on them.

Both packs are different, in with the 'Mistblade Shinobi' is a foil 'Forest', and in with the Foil 'Mountain' is a foil 'Call for Blood'.

All cards seem to have a collectors' number on the bottom, the Mistblade is 43/165, the mountain is299/306.

They look pretty ordinary to me, other than the fact they have been bundled together and sealed in a booster.

Magazine promo?

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I picked up some odds and ends along with some boosters I was after (combined postage, what can I say?) two foils in each pack, two packs

cheers
Mark
I'm willing to bet these are the bonus foil cards included with the Kamigawa Block fat packs. The bonus foil cards were a foil basic land and a foil common.

Clay

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I'm willing to bet these are the bonus foil cards included with the Kamigawa Block fat packs. The bonus foil cards were a foil basic land and a foil common.
Clay
I'll bet that is right on target. I forgot about those in which case they are better sealed.

Gary

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Mystery Solved!

Thanks guys.