Backside of Sorin Emblem

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 am

Gryfalia wrote:Welp, all 4 of my Japanese Emblems were the angel on the back (as listed above). I'm rooting around trying to find out where I put my Korean box to check for one in there...

And I found it, sadly it didn't have any Sorin Emblems at all (not surprising).
I put my Korean sheet up. If you get a chance please check to see if you got any Korean t/t that I don't have listed.

Much thanks

Gary

Default User
Librarities Hero

Emblem backs

Post by Default User » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 am

Hello Gary,

I have english Sorin Emblem with "All things Magic (tm)" -back. It's most likely from european box, but I mainly picked it up after seeing Jason showing only FNM-backs on his copies. I haven't had a chance to see other emblem backs yet, so these can be common. I can send that one to you, if you need it.

I also have russian emblem, with the Avacyn Restored Angel back. But as that was most likely the only full russian box that we got to Finland, I haven't been able to check others. The russian box also had three Sorin Vampires (1/1 lifelink), which I feel is a lot.

The foil rare was Lost in the Woods, which was a bit unfortunate. Now I need to find 98 matching Forests for Omnath EDH-deck, with the said enchantment... Anybody have 70 cheap Guru Forests?
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.

mystical_tutor

Re: Emblem backs

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Default User wrote:Hello Gary,

I have english Sorin Emblem with "All things Magic (tm)" -back. It's most likely from european box, but I mainly picked it up after seeing Jason showing only FNM-backs on his copies. I haven't had a chance to see other emblem backs yet, so these can be common. I can send that one to you, if you need it.
Very interesting. Yes, I would really like to have one. I am PMing you my snail mail address. Let me know what you would like in return.
Default User wrote:I also have russian emblem, with the Avacyn Restored Angel back. But as that was most likely the only full russian box that we got to Finland, I haven't been able to check others. The russian box also had three Sorin Vampires (1/1 lifelink), which I feel is a lot.
There seem to be more vampires in this set--as opposed to only one back from some previous sets this set seems to have 2 or 3. The main thread for that is here at:

: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... &start=225

Thank you very much for the information and I will be looking forward to the card.

Gary

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:04 pm

I can confirm that the only back opened in my store (11 Emblems were open) is the one with the angel promoting Avacyn Restored.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 pm

CHaPuZaS wrote:I can confirm that the only back opened in my store (11 Emblems were open) is the one with the angel promoting Avacyn Restored.
Are those Spanish or English (or both)?

Gary

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

All of those are Spanish.

Default User
Librarities Hero

Sorin emblem backs

Post by Default User » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 pm

I managed finally to visit my local dealer and checked all their 10+ english emblems. Every single one had the "All things Magic"-backs. So I can finally officially say that it's the common english version in Europe. Unfortunately those all had small nicks and scratches, so I decided not to pick any more up. But I'll keep looking, if anybody still needs more.

Hope this helps,

--Tuomas

Updated the language of emblems.
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.

mystical_tutor

Re: Sorin emblem backs

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Default User wrote:I managed finally to visit my local dealer and checked all their 10+ english emblems. Every single one had the "All things Magic"-backs. So I can finally officially say that it's the common english version in Europe. Unfortunately those all had small nicks and scratches, so I decided not to pick any more up. But I'll keep looking, if anybody still needs more.

Hope this helps,

--Tuomas
Thanks much for checking. I now have one so European English is covered, for that card. Still wish someone would make a complete European English matrix.

Thanks again.

Gary

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 pm

The 2 boxes I opened contained 0 emblems.

-Travis

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:57 pm

German boxes : 12 opened, 2 emblems, same back.