Conflux fat pack packaging

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Moebius
Legendary Big Footed Cow Collector

Conflux fat pack packaging

Post by Moebius » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Bought a conflux fat pack today just to rip some boosters. First booster I noticed that the cards were differently sorted then a booster from a boosterbox. In the fat pack booster the rare was in the last slot while in a normal booster that would be a land. When I was ripping another customer told me that the fatpack always contains a "good" rare. It found that a bit dubious but two boosters later I pulled a Nicol Bolas planeswalker.

While I was typing this I checked the booster wrappers and they differ in color, sealing and product number.

I always thought they were the same boosters :-\

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:42 pm

What's the product number?

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:32 pm

I was pretty sure Conflux packs didn't have basic lands in them because Conflux isn't the first set in the block.
Also, it is just coincidence you got Bolas, and also that he was getting a 'good rare' in each of his fat packs.
They are the same packs. I've watched a few Conflux Fat Packs cracked with absolute crap rares.

Moebius

Post by Moebius » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 pm

yawg07 wrote:I was pretty sure Conflux packs didn't have basic lands in them because Conflux isn't the first set in the block.
Also, it is just coincidence you got Bolas, and also that he was getting a 'good rare' in each of his fat packs.
They are the same packs. I've watched a few Conflux Fat Packs cracked with absolute crap rares.
You should draft more then you would know conflux boosters contain basic land.

Below is a scan of the backside of the packs, top is from the fat pack. You can also see that the product number is different 15020002000002 EN 250020000 (fat pack booster) and 1502002001002 EN 250020001 (booster from booster box)

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Non-cube drafting is boring, so I don't bother. So my bad about the lands #-o

However, about the numbers, wow! That is really interesting.
I wonder if other sets were like this.
But I really doubt they try and put a 'good rare' in each Fat Pack, because like I said, I've seen crap conflux fat packs opened.

Moebius

Post by Moebius » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:19 pm

I doubted that too, seems a bit fraudy and expensive to manipulate packaging but I have seen it before with Star Wars tournament packs from decipher.