FOIL - Testprints - BB/Magic Back - City of Traitors 1/8

Everything that's missing in the Magic Rarities, Magic Card Sets, Magic Memorabilia and Magazine and Comics Galleries Sections.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

the swiss
Librarities Legend

FOIL - Testprints - BB/Magic Back - City of Traitors 1/8

Post by the swiss » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 am

City of Traitors from Exodus (1/8)

I know from the existence

With Star:

- 1 *
+ 1 *
- 2 **
+ 2 **
+ 3 **

* = Textbox yellow

** = 6 variations (Textbox black, yellow, red, blue, green, white)

In my opinion: 2, - 3, 3 not exist

1 : should exist

No Star:

- 1 *
1 *

* = Textbox yellow

In my opinion: + 1 and others not exist

Please take a look. Thanks.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:03 pm

I've never seen any Exodus test print with 2 or 3 before.

+1 definitely exists in other coloured textboxes. I might have seen the same for -1, but it was like 3 years ago. My guess is that +1/-1 exist in the 6 listed colours. Unfortunately, those that I own (CoTs and other prints) all fall within the range that you are certain of, but I'm quite certain on at least the +1.

Have never seen 1 or -3 with foil star before either. Come to think of it, never seen -3 before. For no star CoTs, what you wrote matches what I've seen. Have only seen no-star 1/-1 CoTs with gold textboxes.

For the rest of the test prints, what you've written seems accurate as far as what I own/have seen is concerned. The only one I'm not certain about is the Hippo as I don't own any of those in bb and can't remember how they played with the symbol.

Does anyone have any idea what the numbers stand for, what they are measuring?

the swiss
Librarities Legend

Post by the swiss » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Ouallada:

+ 3 was the last version from the testprints (def)

With Star:

+ 1 : you are 100% sure with other colors on the textbox ? You own one ?

Witch color: red, blue, white, black, green ??

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeah, +3 is the highest I've seen on an Exodus test print. Own a couple of them.

About the 1 test print, it was black. I do not own it, but I am 100% certain of it. I think I saw a non-yellow -1 test print without the star, but that was when I was shopping around for test prints 3+ years ago.

In my opinion, if there is a black-border +1 CoT, there really isn't a reason why the other colours don't exist. Finding out what the different test numbers (1/+1 etc) correspond to would probably enable a more educated guess here. I would go even further to say that my guess is that all permutations of the test strains were created (all colour boxes). It's just that the nature of test prints means that there is a good chance only a subset of them make it out onto the market, and that it's possible the unseen permutations which we haven't seen yet (non-gold on -1/1 no-star) were created but never trickled down to the secondary market.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Both of you since to be the Expert of test prints.
Do you have scan or something ?

Regards