Uniform misprint error??

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Uniform misprint error??

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 07, 2014 10:10 am

All the Korean cards I have seen from JIN have a misprint on the back. It is very small but one can see it even across the table. I don't have a scanner here so can not give you a picture of it. Maybe Clay can.

It is a dot (spot?) aprox. 1/4" down from the top of the back border on the left side and about 1/32" to the right of the left border.

Every card in the box I bought, every card I saw in the prerelease and every card I have seen in the shops has the exact same spot.

Clay, if you have a chance please post a scan of it (unless they don't have it in Busan....).

In addition, I hate to say it but the quality of the cards (these were printed at CM) is not up to the standards I am used to with Magic cards. I had a hard time even gathering a set as I sometimes went through 6 or 7 "pack fresh" commons trying to find a really nice one. In some cases I just gave up and put the best one in the set. Scratches, skuffs, fingerprints and flanged corners.

In addition the boxes are recycled and very flimsy.

The last two sets were printed both in Belgium and the US. It will be interesting to see if they do the same with these and if the differences are as easy to see.

Edit: Well Clay pointed out to me that the dot has been there forever... doh. Strange my eyesight is getting better with age......

Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.