Upcoming Seattle Shows with Lots of MtG Artists

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:48 am

Original art for Black Lotus and some Moxes on display at ECCC!!!!!

"The Gathering art exhibit is awesome. There's a variety of art on show that's getting its public debut. Add to that, there is indeed original art from Alpha, including several of the moxes and the Black Lotus on show. And it's all topped off with genuine playtest cards for Alpha with all of their funny and bizarre clip art (My favorite was Blessing using a pic of Spock doing the classic "Live Long and Prosper" gesture)"

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:23 am

Oh good, glad my playtest cards are on display. Anyone take any pictures?

OriginalMagicArt

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 am

I did my best to cover the event on Twitter. The playtest cards were great as well as all the old and new art.

Picked up a few pieces and spread the word about OMA.

Found a few originals, hopefully they will take me up on my invite and post their collection for everyone to see.

notsofasteddie
Librarities Legend

Post by notsofasteddie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 pm

fvzappa wrote:Oh good, glad my playtest cards are on display. Anyone take any pictures?

http://www.originalmagicart.com/emerald ... icon-day-1

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 am

fvzappa wrote:Oh good, glad my playtest cards are on display. Anyone take any pictures?
They were and it was awesome. They were in a revolving display case. I took a movie of it moving, and I can send it to you when I get back.
berkumps wrote:Original art for Black Lotus and some Moxes on display at ECCC!!!!!
I can not tell you how awesome it was standing there and staring at some of the originals. I was in the art room all 3 days admiring it because it is something I will probably never get to see again. They had guards outside the room the entire con. It really was a once in a lifetime experience.