Helvault during Pre-Release Event (Avacyn Restored)

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

yvel
Librarities Legend

Helvault during Pre-Release Event (Avacyn Restored)

Post by yvel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 am

Hello,
During the Avacyn prerelease event a Helvault has been opened in each store... you can find a lot of video on youtube.
The Helvault contained :
- Avacyn D20 dice
- 54 Oversize cards (of the 5 mythic Legendary creatures from Avacyn)
- 54 double face token Angel / Demon

Each cards were given to players at the end of the event.

It's very nice to get free stuff during prerelease.
This is a regular Helvault.
But, have you heard about premium ones ?

Some stores get special Helvault, with :
- Avacyn D20 dice
- 54 Oversize cards FOIL (of the 5 mythic Legendary creatures from Avacyn)
- 54 double face token FOIL Angel / Demon
- 54 Promo cards

Some premium stores opened 54 Semonic Tutor DCI as promo cards, another store get Karmic Guide DCI.
I was in a premium store during this prerelease, so I received a foil Oversize card, a Foil Token, and a Serra Avenger Dci.

Thanks MagicBazar :)

That was a very nice surprise :

What about you ?

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 am

wow, thats nuts.

We just had a bag of dice , a lot of normal tokens and a lot of normal oversized cards :(

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am

I found the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkrztmz ... re=related
but they don't show cards very well

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 am

mmgun wrote:wow, thats nuts.

We just had a bag of dice , a lot of normal tokens and a lot of normal oversized cards :(
Mark Rosewater ‏ @maro254 wrote: Everyone gets the upgraded one isn't a viable option due to many issues. Sorry.
lame.

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:18 am

I get 1 dice and 1 token. You get 50+€. Seems fair.

axcel
Librarities Member

Post by axcel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:39 am

Sick.

I was quite happy with the contents of the Helvault (unlike many other people, I didn't expect insane things - just typical promotional items), but I was also a little sad that the oversized cards were not foil like Commander ones. Promos are usually foil, it's just cooler and more promo-ish this way.

Then, when I saw that some people not only got their stuff foil, but also received "$100 bills" just for showing up at that particular store and not another... WTF?

One could say that my anger is caused by envy. No, seriously, I have enough judge promos and at one point I regularly donated some of them as extra prizes for local tournaments, so it's definitely not about envying a free Karmic Guide or Exalted Angel*. I just don't like the impact this promotion had on the scene. Many of my friends feel "worse", because their store did not receive anything special, and others did. And there was no official info about that, not even a single "few random Helvaults will be really special! Go to your local prerelease and check if you'll be the lucky ones!" or anything. I'm sure it would have been much better if people knew there was a "lottery". But they didn't, and now they feel "screwed like always, when it comes to support/extra prizes/cool events".
It's not Wizards' fault, but this Helvault situation combines terribly with our new distributor, whose policies regarding supporting tournaments are really, really weird and the community is already furious and divided...

(*- ok, tbh I envy that Serra Avenger a tiny little bit, because I love the illustration and I never found a good excuse to buy me one)

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:47 am

There was a seller in the U.S. that cracked his store's/business' Helvaults and listed their contents on eBay prior to the prerelease.
160787542635 - Silverblade Paladin Avacyn DCI PROMO FOIL MTG - MINT + Free Bonus Token card!
s********2000 has sent a message

To: star_man_20
Sent: Apr-25-12 02:22 PM

Hey man,

Wizards of the coast just called me to tell me i have to take
this auction down, and all Avacyn auctions. But if you still want the
cards let me know. Give me your highest offer and i will consider it.
I've been selling them for between $65-$85 so far. Let me know - email me:
[email provided]
I didn't respond to the message.

I was able to acquire a full set of the oversize promos at the prereleases I attended this weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Even though I was in Japan, the oversize cards were in English, as well as the token. There was nothing foil in either of the Helvaults I saw opened.

Guess I'm gonna have to eBay for the foil tokens. 8-|

As a side note, on Saturday the guy across from me opened up a foil Silverblade Paladin. I couldn't get him to trade it to me after the tournament was over. :-(

Clay

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't understand, this auction was for 1 Paladin DCi, and he was hoping to get 65$ - 85$ for a Box a box promo ?

It will be 2/3$ next week ....

How much do you value foil oversize card ?

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:38 pm

So the oversized cards from the Hellvault come in both foil and nonfoil?

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

yvel wrote:I don't understand, this auction was for 1 Paladin DCi, and he was hoping to get 65$ - 85$ for a Box a box promo ?

How much do you value foil oversize card ?
I think he was trying to offer me the whole set of promos (all 5 oversized promos, prerelease promo, buy a box promo, promo token, and a spindown die).

besides the two I got for both prereleases, I traded 2 of the Avacyn lands and my second die to get the other three oversized cards to complete my set. :)

I don't know how much the foil versions will be, but I imagine it will be a lot more than the regular oversize promos. I imagine the foil tokens will go for 10x-20x more than the regular versions, too.

Clay

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Right, thanks
So the oversized cards from the Hellvault come in both foil and nonfoil?
Yes, same for Token

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue May 01, 2012 5:12 am

i was hoping for progressively smaller helevaults

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue May 01, 2012 6:05 am

dry cereal wrote:i was hoping for progressively smaller helevaults
lol

speaking of.... did any helvault open that had Griselbrand instead of Avacyn?

just curious...

Clay

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:speaking of.... did any helvault open that had Griselbrand instead of Avacyn?

just curious...

Clay
if the question is serious....
the story was something along the line that avacyn was trapped in the helvault and was set free.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue May 01, 2012 10:20 am

caquaa wrote:if the question is serious....
the story was something along the line that avacyn was trapped in the helvault and was set free.
The question was serious. I know about the storyline, but I was still curious. AND IIRC, Griselbrand showed up when Avacyn was released.

If you've never been to a Japanese Prerelease/Launch Party, there's a bit of theatre to their presentation of things, such as the displaying and opening of the Helvault this weekend. it's REALLY cool just to be there for that kind of thing. never experienced anything like it in the U.S.

anyways, I digress... I just wanted to know if anything else popped out of the Helvault other than Avacyn. Items such as: popcorn, springy snakes, the aforementioned progressively smaller Helvaults, a set of car keys, or, with what I'm thinking now woulda been awesome, some exotic dancers! 8-[

Clay