Coldsnap precon Island

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Coldsnap precon Island

Post by Volcanon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm

Yeah so they are using the old Snow-Covered Island art for one of the new-face Ice Age lands in the coldsnap precons. I dont know if they did that for any other ones, as Ive only seen the inside of the UW one.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:45 pm

Interesting. You have a scan of one, or is there anything noteworthy on the card(s)? Also another question is...how many lands in this new frame appeared in you UW pre-con? The reason I ask is I might need to get one of each and thought I could split the cost with local collectors.

EDIT: I think this should be moved to the News Section, as it is definitely noteworthy of a point to make for completists.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:10 pm

mtgs has a decklist somewhere. There are 22 lands with the new frame in the UW one. If you need one of each art then I can oblige.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:40 pm

Volcanon wrote:mtgs has a decklist somewhere. There are 22 lands with the new frame in the UW one. If you need one of each art then I can oblige.
Actually after finally reading the them deck thread, I'll need one of every them deck. You probably don't know, since you are newer here, but I completed my collection goal of mint cards from every US-released expansion from Alpha up to the current stuff. I also do all the promos as well. So just have to keep up with the new sets that come out, plus anything unique like these pre-cons and new promos popping up. Thanks for the offer though.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:20 pm

lol and I thought I was cool with my completed Nemesis set.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:50 pm

My current endeavour is to also get signed prints from my more favorite artists. A recent project, I have Mike Suftfin, John Avon, and am currently finishing up Stephan Martinere. Note I am also getting other art from these artists beyond just the M:TG art they do. Artists I find I love style of do work in other areas as well.

Stephan will call me when he is back from the ComicCon and we will arrange our in person meeting to pick up the last of my prints I ordered (17 more).

I have a long list of prints I want to get. Some will get framed for display, other will stay in my print collection.

crasher

Post by crasher » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:43 pm

Actually, that is the old island art. In Ice Age, one of each basic land shared art with its snow-covered cousin. The have simply printed all of the old land art in the new card face.

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:01 am

[quote="Volcanon"]mtgs has a decklist somewhere. There are 22 lands with the new frame in the UW one. If you need one of each art then I can oblige.[/quote]

I'd like to get my hands on 1x of these lands...

Also, does anyone know, do they exist in foil versions? Doe precons have a random foil, random foil land, or what else?

What languages these precons exist in?
The CheeseshireCat

crasher

Post by crasher » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:12 pm

Each precon comes with a foil snow-covered land, some ice age reprints in the new card face (all common or uncommon), snow-covered coldsnap lands or ice age reprint basic lands, and of course a variety of coldsnap cards. In order to get four of each reprint you would need to purchase 4 of each precon, that's 1 box of precons and 1 of each of 4 decks. I did this and I'm quite happy with my "Ice Age Reprints" binder :)

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:11 pm

Precons are in every language mtg is printed in.
Precons pop foil snowcovered lands with coldcrap art.

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:25 am

Volcanon wrote:Precons are in every language mtg is printed in.
Precons pop foil snowcovered lands with coldcrap art.
Do these foils appear at random, as usual, or do specific decks carry specific foils?
The CheeseshireCat

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 pm

its a random snow covered land.