Terese Nielsen tokens

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

psrex
Librarities Legend

Terese Nielsen tokens

Post by psrex » Tue May 21, 2019 10:00 pm

I don't come by much any longer, but I thought of you all with this project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... escription

Maybe some of you are interested and haven't seen it yet. I think that the art looks amazing so far.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Terese Nielsen tokens

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue May 21, 2019 11:16 pm

I am backing to get some tokens, I don't really want any but I hear she is copping some flak at the moment so I thought I would show some appreciation for all her contributions to MtGs history.

No idea what the internet drama is about, I am sure I could google it if I wanted to.

I only found out about the Kickstarter from a clickbait YouTube talking about the drama but they never got around to saying what it was about and I didn't have the patience to watch all the way through, as soon as I heard she had a Kickstarter I just stopped watching and went to check it out.

Some nice stuff there as expected, I was thinking of getting the squirrel tokens and squirrel playmat but I don't think I will ever use them.

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 am

Thanks for the info - I just hopped on the Kickstarter myself. =D> =D>

Don't waste your time on the drama GlobalBoosterHunter... life is too short. Terese is a very nice person and I love her art. Dig deep enough on anyone and you'll find something you don't like - not worth the trouble.

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 am

Thx for sharing, psrex!

I backed it, mostly b/c one of the play mats looks like a perfect gift for someone.

Getting on my soapbox. I don't know what she tweeted, and in way I don't care. I don't care b/c I don't have reliable information but mostly b/c it doesn't matter. IMHO what matters is that we're killing off a million species and heating up the planet, but what some niche artists in Oregon/Washington/? that no serious art gallery has ever heard of does or does not believe matters not. Purtting soapbox away …
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:38 pm

The Kickstarter is closing soon. The tokens are up to 72 per set, so it seems like an awesome deal.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 am

I saw that, I upped my token pledge (pun intended) to get a full set of the tokens in foil.

I still don't need any but they will make a decent present.