Oathbreakers

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Oathbreakers

Post by BillBo » Thu May 16, 2019 3:43 am

Not about cards but a new format which may make it permissible to post it here (or so I hope):
https://oathbreakermtg.org/
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Oathbreakers

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 am

I still have to come to terms with the other new formats!

I think I have the general idea of Commander now, this looks a bit similar.

Slightly off topic, but are there any formats where people get to draw cards or take actions during someone else's turn?

We have six players in the group and some of the younger ones take ages to make decisions resulting in the rest of the players siting around doing nothing until their turn, which pressures the slow ones and bores the quicker players.

Any format that lets each player draw a card on everyone's turn would keep them actively engaged during other people's turns and may help to stop them wandering off to watch the TV.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Sat May 18, 2019 5:01 pm

We have six players in the group and some of the younger ones take ages to make decisions resulting in the rest of the players siting around doing nothing until their turn, which pressures the slow ones and bores the quicker players.
You're free to customize your own format with your players group. i.e what about experiencing a game of "Fast MTG" ? You may play with a timer for each turn, while 30 seconds are allowed to the player to take his decisions during his 1st main phase and eventualy declaring an attack. If time's up, it comes directly to his end step ! :-D
Visit the Shores of Imagination

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 pm

If the 6 player games are a bit slow, maybe you could occasionally try dividing up into pairs for a duel.
Then you only have to wait for 1 player instead of having to wait for 5 players.
After a few games, switch players.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon May 20, 2019 1:06 am

It is an odd playgroup, the youngest is 13 and more often than not her brother or father will basically play on her side so she gets to win the game. I usually get killed first and early.

We don't play as often as we play other boardgames because of all the downtime but the brother and the son love the game and play it whenever they can without excluding the younger daughter.

Commander is a bit better because we usually drop a couple of players who would rather watch TV.

I watch a YouTube on the Oathbreakers format, it does look interesting.