New Members: Introduce Yourself

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

vegas10
Librarities Hero

Post by vegas10 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 am

l0qii wrote:Welcome vegas10!

Wow a USPS letter carrier, I'm sure our members have plenty of questions for you ;)

My first question being, does the Mail Recovery Center in Atlanta ever actually return anything? I've "donated" several packages of cards to them over the years.
Lol, not sure if your half joking, but yes it is possible, if they are able to match up your description of what your missing with what they actually have there (if it is still there) I do believe at some point they get rid of stuff after a certain amount of time (not positive on the last part).

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Welcome to the board! always nice to see another vintage player (not the format--).

Hope this board serves you as well as it has me.

Gary

vegas10 wrote:Hi I am Vegas10
I have been playing MTG off and on since the beginning (yes me and my dad bought a few starters of Alpha when the game debued at Gen Con)
still have a few of those alpha cards, though not in the best shape

I am a semi-competitve player, also play casual, and like everyone here have entirely too many cards, lol.

I am also a USPS Letter carrier, so if anyone ever has any mailing questions feel free to ask even if I don't know I can point you in the right direction

Right now I am moslty looking for T2 cards for decks but more in line with librarities I like Ink Blotted misprinted cards and looking for FBB duals ( 1 of each EDH).
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Vegas10

Welcome to the board.
I'm collecting Alpha cards so maybe we'll trade together !
I may have some question too about intn'l shipping, so prepare yourself !
Cheers
Visit the Shores of Imagination

TheQuest

Post by TheQuest » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi all, my name is Mattia, I'm italian, stopped playing magic after high school then recently came back as a collector

My collection goals are simple: to own all the english full sets foil and non foil (should not be that hard, it just takes time) and all the promo cards, english but also foreign if uniques in those languages (a little bit trickier)

I also love test prints! They're the only "unofficial cards" that I'm interested in. If anyone is willing to sell textless urza feel free to contact me :)
I own one 8th alternate frame and 4 exodus foil test, those are the only highlight of my collection (at the moment... :D )

I'm also a vintage videogame collector (japanese only), own some rare stuff: metal slug x AES, a couple of gift-only game boy advance and some other stuff. My personal jewel of the crown is a egret 2 arcade machine, not that rare or expensive, but in my opinion it's the best option to enjoy the arcade experience, a real beauty!

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Welcome Mattia ! Good luck for reaching your goals.
Visit the Shores of Imagination

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Benvenuto :)
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 am

TheQuest wrote:...(should not be that hard, it just takes time)...
And money, don't forget the money!

Do you count Summer as a full English set or are they "unofficial cards"?

Mark

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 am

Welcome to all the new folks! =D>
#2 All Time Finest PSA Alpha Set, GPA of 9.64, now retired and re-graded via Beckett. BGS GPA 9.40 after shipping off several pieces to JM!

Current Alpha Rare count = 1500+!

TheQuest

Post by TheQuest » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
TheQuest wrote:...(should not be that hard, it just takes time)...
And money, don't forget the money!

Do you count Summer as a full English set or are they "unofficial cards"?

Mark
of course :) but to get money you need time, so in the end it's all about time :)

by full sets I mean the ones that were released officially to the public

I may also be interested in getting a summer set someday but it's not my primary goal now, I'm inclined to consider them unofficial (according to my own definition of unofficial, so it's just my opinion) because they were endorsed directly from wotc but never saw public release, I can include them in the test prints basket since they were basically an experiment

Keevy Bogsbury
Librarities Member

Post by Keevy Bogsbury » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Somehow I missed this thread. Hi and welcome!

rubeng7

Post by rubeng7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi everybody, I am Rubeng7.

I'm from Madrid, Spain, I'm 29 years old and I have been playing Magic since Oddysey and playing competitive Magic since Mirrodin. 2 Years ago I stopped playing competitive (now I only play PTQs in my city of GPs in my country or some nice tournaments) because I wanted to spend test time and pool cards money on a collection that represented my years playing this game.

After throwing away several ideas (Beta Collection, Some global sets of cards that represent decks I played, lands collection...), I decided make a Planeswalker Global Set. I've always liked the format of Planeswalkers and this GS was what I've looking for. I know that is so hard and many Planeswalkers are very hard to find but I love challenges ;)

My friend "Chapuzas", who is also a member and he's trying to make a Booster GS, told me about this collector and rarities forum and here I am. Also I have some other smaller but nice collections!!
Follow me on Twitter!! @Rubeng7_cards.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

rubeng7 wrote:Hi everybody, I am Rubeng7.

I'm from Madrid, Spain, I'm 29 years old and I have been playing Magic since Oddysey and playing competitive Magic since Mirrodin. 2 Years ago I stopped playing competitive (now I only play PTQs in my city of GPs in my country or some nice tournaments) because I wanted to spend test time and pool cards money on a collection that represented my years playing this game.

After throwing away several ideas (Beta Collection, Some global sets of cards that represent decks I played, lands collection...), I decided make a Planeswalker Global Set. I've always liked the format of Planeswalkers and this GS was what I've looking for. I know that is so hard and many Planeswalkers are very hard to find but I love challenges ;)

My friend "Chapuzas", who is also a member and he's trying to make a Booster GS, told me about this collector and rarities forum and here I am. Also I have some other smaller but nice collections!!
Very cool! Welcome to the forum.

I had started a global foil Planeswalker collection back when Lorwyn came out, but stopped it not long after because EDH exploded the prices and made it impossible for me to afford it while continuing my other collections.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Welcome Rubeng7!

Do you have your have/need list posted somewhere online?

Do you have part(s) of it that can be displayed yet?

Clay

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi everyone, I figured I'd stop by here and introduce myself real quick.

I'm Bernd, living in Fort Wayne, IN, for about seven years now. Before that we lived in Germany. Our boys needed a TO to run events, so I became a TO, then a judge, then a player (a little), then a collector (somewhat, I love land cards). I joined the board for exchange, good company, and maybe I can help out with a scan or two on and off. For me it's a great pastimes, so don't expect me to be too serious about things. In my real life I'm a college professor.

While I suspect I know some, the only one I know I've been in touch with before is Gary, the mystical tutor. At the time I worked as a VCL for WOtC's community boards and Gary started running events again; we almost even traded at that time ;-).

So, hi everyone!
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:31 am

Hi!

I am a big fan of lands as well, I used to buy the starter/tournament packs for each new expansion just so I could get all the new designs!

Tried to make sure each deck had no duplicate lands (even if it ruined the 'Theme')

I keep thinking it would be nice to have one of each land but you look at the cost of a 'Summer' Island and realise that putting a set together is going to get costly!