Few questions about the Update.

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 am

For the "Purple" rarity for the timeshifted cards from Time Spiral, since the timeshifted cards had their own spot in each pack/starter, in the excel program I use to track all the cards in my personal collection I list the rarity as "T", for timeshifted. for the timeshifted cards in Planar Chaos and Future Sight, since the cards were the black/silver/gold rarities, I track them as such.

In my collection, I list the rarities as follows:
"T" for timeshifted (only in Time Spiral so far);
"M" for Mythic Rare;
"R"/"U"/"C" for Rares/Uncommons/Commons (for sets with that U1 and C2 nonsense, what Gatherer says their rarity is is what I use);
"L" for basic Lands, as they need to have a rarity since they come in the starters and packs;
"I" for Inserts, such as the tokens and tip/rule cards; and
"P" for Promos (i.e. almost anything that cannot be found inside a booster pack or sealed deck).

As far as the color thing for the cards go, that's been covered at length, but I'd like to point out that since lands don't have casting costs they are not colorless SPELLS, just colorless PERMANENTS. Therefore I feel that it is reasonable that they should be separate from the colorless spells (i.e. artifacts and Eldrazi).

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself.

Clay

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:For the "Purple" rarity for the timeshifted cards from Time Spiral, since the timeshifted cards had their own spot in each pack/starter, in the excel program I use to track all the cards in my personal collection I list the rarity as "T", for timeshifted. for the timeshifted cards in Planar Chaos and Future Sight, since the cards were the black/silver/gold rarities, I track them as such.

In my collection, I list the rarities as follows:
"T" for timeshifted (only in Time Spiral so far);
"M" for Mythic Rare;
"R"/"U"/"C" for Rares/Uncommons/Commons (for sets with that U1 and C2 nonsense, what Gatherer says their rarity is is what I use);
"L" for basic Lands, as they need to have a rarity since they come in the starters and packs;
"I" for Inserts, such as the tokens and tip/rule cards; and
"P" for Promos (i.e. almost anything that cannot be found inside a booster pack or sealed deck).

As far as the color thing for the cards go, that's been covered at length, but I'd like to point out that since lands don't have casting costs they are not colorless SPELLS, just colorless PERMANENTS. Therefore I feel that it is reasonable that they should be separate from the colorless spells (i.e. artifacts and Eldrazi).

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself.

Clay
Hi
There's no Magic Rarities that are Purple so it's not necessary for now.
I don't understand the next part, on the website as Rarity we have:
Common
Uncommon
Rare
Mythic Rare

For Color:
Artifact
Black
Blue
Colorless
Gold/Multicolor
Green
Land
Red
White
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Alexis, you should remove 'Gold'. Gold isn't a color. 'Multicolor' is an official term and describes all occurrences of multicolored cards.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Alexis, you should remove 'Gold'. Gold isn't a color. 'Multicolor' is an official term and describes all occurrences of multicolored cards.
Hi Hans
Done :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Purple should still be up for completeness's sake. There's definitely Time Spiral misprints that are "rare."

Order as:

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Mythic Rare
Timeshifted

And then:

Colorless (Eldrazi)
White
Blue
Black
Red
Green
Multicolor
Hybrid (They come AFTER golds in collector number)
Artifact
Land

Note that this matches with the official WoTC order (Re: RoE spoiler: All of the Eldrazi are the very first in terms of collector number).