ninjas and ninjitsu

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

normalbrains

Re: ninjas and ninjitsu

Post by normalbrains » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:51 am

something else to debate: real or fake? zombie in kamigawa?

http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157& ... thour3.jpg

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:57 am

normalbrains wrote:something else to debate: real or fake? zombie in kamigawa?

http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157& ... thour3.jpg
Its hard to say either way.  Because the card is on someone's hand, real-ness is impiled, BUT it looks like it could be faked.  What I mean is:  it looks like a card was created in photoshop ("shopped") and then the image was super-imposed on an image of a hand.  I say this because the border between the card and the hand looks a bit off.  However, if that was done, it was done very well (look at the shadow in the lower-left corner).  

As for the card itself, I can believe it.  The ability is ok, but expensive enough to be believable (see: mana cost of Wrath).

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:09 am

Second link doesnt work.  

Despite the fact that the symbol looks a bit too yellow, I believe it now.

normalbrains

Post by normalbrains » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:19 am

some believe it to be fake because of this closeup:

http://forums.mtgnews.com/attachment.ph ... ntid=35832

i think its real.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:13 am

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:30 am

Not to mention that it's a Zombie, and there aren't supposed to be any Zombies in this block.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:54 am

look atpicture closely its a fake too there's a plane that is going to crash into the building he's standing on and it's too small everything about this card is fake also like mentioned before it's a zombie no zombies in kamigawa block.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:05 am

sylvanstu wrote:look atpicture closely its a fake too there's a plane that is going to crash into the building he's standing on and it's too small everything about this card is fake also like mentioned before it's a zombie no zombies in kamigawa block.
Why could there not be Zombies in Kamigawa?  There are Samurai legends of the warriors going to do battles with the Living Dead in Feudal Japan, and Kamigawa is sorta Japanese tinted.
And, supposedly, Resident Evil is one of the most popular movies and computer games in Japan right now.

It does not really matter to me if Zombies are in the 2nd or 3rd installment of Kamigawa, since they are generally black creatures, but if they do appear, I would not be overly surprised.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:10 am

sylvanstu wrote:look atpicture closely its a fake too there's a plane that is going to crash into the building he's standing on and it's too small everything about this card is fake also like mentioned before it's a zombie no zombies in kamigawa block.
Forgetting the card, *is* the picture fake?

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:34 am

yes, I admit it.  I superimposed the picture of the card.

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:21 pm

silver.paladin wrote:
Why could there not be Zombies in Kamigawa?  There are Samurai legends of the warriors going to do battles with the Living Dead in Feudal Japan, and Kamigawa is sorta Japanese tinted.
And, supposedly, Resident Evil is one of the most popular movies and computer games in Japan right now.

It does not really matter to me if Zombies are in the 2nd or 3rd installment of Kamigawa, since they are generally black creatures, but if they do appear, I would not be overly surprised.
Wizards said that they wanted Zombies out as they didn't want to blur the line between the living world and the spirit world.  I'd tend to think they'd stick with something like that for the whole block.

normalbrains

Post by normalbrains » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:20 am

haha nice pic.

i dont think that one zombie is too crazy to throw in the set. it makes sense flavorwise also.

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:55 am

Rancored_Elf has declared it a fake through one of his reliable sources.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:27 am

flatmatt wrote:Rancored_Elf has declared it a fake through one of his reliable sources.
Thats good enough for me :)