artist proofs---summer

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

MagicRumorMill

artist proofs---summer

Post by MagicRumorMill » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:21 am

I have a series of questions about artist proofs.

1) Are there such things as summer magic artist proofs?

2) Are there alt. 4th proofs?

3) Are there proofs for all language cards?  Also, are the limit of 50 that the artists get in each language or just english?

4) How do the artists receive the proofs?  In other words, would it be possible to find a sealed packedge of all 50 proofs of one card?  If so, is it possible to find crimped artist proofs?

5) Are there any miscut proofs that are known?  

6) Are there any uncut sheets of proofs that exist?

7) How many are on a sheet?  Are there ever filler cards for proofs?

I thank all in advance for any help on this.  I do have ALOT of proofs but I have never seen anything out of the ordinary with them.  I do hope to find something odd though. ;D

Celebrindor

Re: artist proofs---summer

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:32 am

1) no

2) no

3) for most sets; don't known

4) not sure, but I doubt it

5) never heard of one  

6) yes

7) most likely 121 like other cards; possibly: see the thread where we argue about a filler with both sides completely white

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:35 am

celebrindor wrote:1) no

2) no

3) for most sets; don't known

4) not sure, but I doubt it

5) never heard of one  

6) yes

7) most likely 121 like other cards; possibly: see the thread where we argue about a filler with both sides completely white
First of all, wow, that was quick, thank you.

Second, could you talk a little about #6 please?

Third, If a filler was blank on both sides, how would you figure out if it was or not?  Just the bend test? :o

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:39 am

magicrumormill wrote:
First of all, wow, that was quick, thank you.

Second, could you talk a little about #6 please?

Third, If a filler was blank on both sides, how would you figure out if it was or not?  Just the bend test? :o
I have heard of uncut sheets with blank backs.  Basic assumption: they are artist proofs, or misprints missing the back, but it works the same either way.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:17 am

Artist proofs are mailed to the artists, unless they make specific arrangements to pick them up. Many say that they are used as "tests" to get the pictures/cards right, this may be the case. But artists get their proofs about a month, month & 1/2 after the set comes out.

They come in foreign languages, but I am not sure if they come in all languages. Also, those cards like the "Terror", with just a title & art, are not available in AP form. Summer AP's do not exist, it was a redo of Revised anyhow. Alt. 4th also, but there are other Alt. 4th oddities such as fillers & misprints (I have a misprinted Alt. 4th card & Summer card).

The only oddities I've seen of AP's are just fantastic artwork. I'd imagine that since making AP's is a simple task to do, the 50 of each AP made will probably be closely inspected.

mahdishain

Post by mahdishain » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:40 pm

celebrindor wrote: I have heard of uncut sheets with blank backs.  Basic assumption: they are artist proofs, or misprints missing the back, but it works the same either way.
celebrindor

as an artist proof and an uncut sheet collector this interests me very much. do you have any documentation?  thanks.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:24 am

Kind of off topic, Are there any non-english alt. 4th?

psrex

Post by psrex » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:35 am

magicrumormill wrote:Kind of off topic, Are there any non-english alt. 4th?
No.  You should check out the old alt. 4th topics.  I'll see if I can find links to them.

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 80;start=0

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 350;start=

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... ;start=3#3

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... tart=13#13

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 660;start=

I won't find them all.  There are more.

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:07 am

I have an artists' print of a French card (Ice Age Plains, first part, signed and drawn on my arsist).. does anyone know how many of these exist?

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:35 pm

AP's come merely banded in paper.  Each band is the 50 copies of the one card.  Similar to how money is at the bank.

As for the time to get the proofs after the set comes out, I have to only say that Ed Beard Jr had his BoK Proofs at the Pre-Release.  Some sets/languages/artists may take longer then others however.

I have a Japanese "Antiquities" Ornithopter Proof (If anybody is confirming non-english sets with proofs).

Muldoon

Post by Muldoon » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:17 pm

rick21n wrote: I have a Japanese "Antiquities" Ornithopter Proof (If anybody is confirming non-english sets with proofs).
Is it just a BB ornithopter without expansion symbol, or it has the anvil? Need to know, to know if it's JP BB Chronicles or JP BB 4th. Thanks :)

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:50 am

muldoon wrote: Is it just a BB ornithopter without expansion symbol, or it has the anvil? Need to know, to know if it's JP BB Chronicles or JP BB 4th. Thanks :)

If it has an anvil, that will be confirmation that the JP Chronicles version is VERY different from the english version (although i doubt it...)

Muldoon

Post by Muldoon » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:06 am

Case solved, it wasn't japanese ;D Just in case anyone else was wondering :D