Tattoos

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

silver.paladin

Tattoos

Post by silver.paladin » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:03 am

I was reading the article about the Coins, and it reminded me about some tattoos I got.  Personally, I would like to get one of the Red Mana coins. But, back to Tattoos.  A couple years back I got some Black Mana tattoos, and one the back was the WOTC trademark and everything.  Were these tattoos available in other mana symbols or not?  I think I had 2 extra tattoos, which at the moment I do not know where I have them stored (too many boxes still from my last move).
Anyways, I would be willing to trade a Black Mana tattoo for a Red Mana tattoo if at all possible.
thanks.

motorcitymagic

Re: Tattoos

Post by motorcitymagic » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:58 am

AFAIK, these were only made once, and only with the black mana symbol. They were given out (at least, here in the U.S.) along with entry into the Torment prerelease. Basically, you got the prerelease card and some of these tattoos.

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:25 pm

Yep, only black ones have I seen.  I used to have a kid that played in my Mage Knight events I ran, and the symbol for one of the factions in the gane, Necropolis Sect, is also a skull, or close to the black mana symbol.  The kid used to apply them to his forehead when he played in my tournaments.  Stupid looking, but it was annoying enough to psyche out his opponent at times.  I think these tattoos were done as Torment obviously was dominated by Black.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:29 am

Mintcollector - reading what you said here, and your comments on the badges - what are your thoughts about why the Tattoo is not being shown on the site here?
Or is it, and i have missed it?

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:43 pm

That is always the big question, what is a M:TG Rarity?  no the tatoos are not here to my knowledge.  Also as far as the newest Scrye, there was a mana sticker set included in the mag.  Does stuff like this belong here?  Although I know that Ralph is not a personal fan of having badges up here, he is dedicated to having the site's content driven by what the user community wants.  I can't argue with that logic.  My personal opinion though is this stuff should not be on the site.  But of course my opinion is biassed by my collection preferences of only collecting US-released English cards.  

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:31 am

As stated with MintCollectors words both here, and in another thread (about misprints), really what is a rarity?  I never put any thought into it before, but I would have to agree and say that my attraction to these sites (here and Bobs) was for the information on promotional cards (and I say cards, not products, on purpose).  Since I have not been playing for a number of years and do not know of any players, this was the place to go to learn of new cards that were released that could not just be easily purchased at a store.
Since first finding Flamino's Rarities site, I have expanded my Red and Land collection to include these different promo cards, whether it be DCI, Arena, FNM, GURU or whatever.  And having the release date for the cards was great too, because then I could keep them in a more proper order (I am in accounting - dates are important for whatever wierd reason!! ;) )
The only reason I ever got the tattoos was because they came with some Red card promo.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:00 pm

If you would ask me they are rarities but i'm the most anal collector of magic i know I have phone cards cause of the art and i even collect the cd's from the games and mtgo. if it has to do with magic and has magic art on it i want it. but thats just me ;D

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:07 am

I'm the same way.  I collect dust that has touched black lotuses and beans that look like moxes.  Anyway, where did you get those phone cards, and where can I get some?  Been scouring the web and been having a very hard time locating any.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:34 am

At the mall here let me check and see if they have anymore and get back to you thier are 3 that i know of a shivan  sengir and a krosan

Vilan

Post by Vilan » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:04 pm

What's the point in putting these tattoos on this site? If it's just a black mana symbol, we know what that looks like already, no need to clutter things up more.

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:02 pm

vilan wrote:What's the point in putting these tattoos on this site? If it's just a black mana symbol, we know what that looks like already, no need to clutter things up more.

Vilan:  Just like the purpose of putting everything else up here.  Creating an archive for posterity's sake.  Years from now when new collectors come along (and they will), a record of what is out there would be nice.  Who will remember little things like the Black tatoo?  That is the argument for putting it here.  Now for my real opinion.  I am of the mindset to restrict this site to purely promotional cards, but of course the site's scope already exceeds that.  So the question really is, should odd items like this get added?  The item definitely qualifies equally as life counters, badges, etc; but should it be listed?