Amigo (Germany) Mirrodin wrapper redemption

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

rg

Amigo (Germany) Mirrodin wrapper redemption

Post by rg » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:14 pm

Okay as we know macone said there is a barcode special in Japan for Token Figures.

In Germany Amigo (German Magic distributor) also announces a special for collecting Booster Barcodes.
They only said there will be a some merchandise for collected boosterwrappers. But they said only german or english boosterwrappers with a red bar/tape verifying the boosters are imported regular count.

Original Amigo newsletter text (german):
Ab Mirrodin wird es die Möglichkeit geben, Boosterhüllen gegen tolles Magic-Merchandise einzutauschen. Hebt also mal eure Boostertüten auf und schmeißt sie nicht gleich weg, in Kürze steht fest was ihr alles für die Booster bekommen könnt. Eine wichtige Einschränkung aber noch: Es sind nur deutsche Boosterhüllen und englische Boosterhüllen mit dem roten Steifen innen, für die Promotion gültig. Es gibt zwar auch englisches Produkt mit einem andersfarbigen Streifen innen, dieses wurde aber nicht über die vorgesehenen Vertriebswege importiert, sondern illegal eingeführt.

rg

Re: Mirrodin Booster barcode specials

Post by rg » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:54 am

The newsletter today has all the details:

1 booster = 1 point
Only german and english boosters with a red stripe inside count. English boosters with different colored stripe do not count because they are illegal imported (but much cheaper  ;) )

36 points = Mirrodin T-Shirt
36 points = Mirrodin cap
72 points = Card Box with 60 sleeves
72 points = Magic sling bag
100 points = Magic fleece shirt

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:15 am

Now hopefully the case I have bought comes with Red Stripes somehow.  Not that I expect it but hey it would be cool.  Also can you give me a better idea of where this red stripe would be.

- Rick

argus

Post by argus » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:23 pm

the stripe should be the one inside a booster.... ours are mostly red colored. i think they're designed to help rip the booster easily!

rg

Post by rg » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:28 pm

They only said: "booster with the red stripe inside".

But we will know on saturday at the prerelease.

argus: i am from germany, so i can help you if you want

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:01 am

argus wrote:the stripe should be the one inside a booster.... ours are mostly red colored. i think they're designed to help rip the booster easily!

Well I understand now.  For the first time I opened a pack with a strip in it.  It was goldish and from Onslaught.  I can only compare it to the wrapper from some of the older sealed starters.  It confused me at the time.  I will keep an eye open in case I see any with red strips.  

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:16 am

dry_cereal wrote:im gonna bring trashbags to the prerelease to scoop up all the goodies from the suckers.
I think that you will probably not find red-stripe English packs at the US pre-releases.  I plan to keep an eye out myself though just in case.

rg

Post by rg » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:32 am

The official webside is up now (german) with images:
http://www.amigo-spiele.de/sammelkarten ... rodin.html

English booster with red stripe, german and french count. So i asume its a europe wide promotion.

For me only the goblin t-shirt looks good, hope i can get the 36 booster tomorrow  :)

AG

Post by AG » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:50 am

Hello !

I just visit the site, one small comment:

Interesting, it seems to be a promotion of HASBRO Germany, not of AMIGO Spiele (distributor). That´s the first time I know HASBRO is involved directly in promotional stuff for german Magic.

Greets

Andre