8th Celebration Paraphenalia

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GavinO

8th Celebration Paraphenalia

Post by GavinO » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:51 pm

Picked up some more 8th promo stuff at Friday's magic session.  Got a table marker and a badge (doesn't really specify what it is, just a badge with 'comback of the decade' on it) Also picked up another box topper; scans to follow.  The Rukh Egg also looks very nice in person.  The box openning flurry seems to have slowed down, so finishing off a set of box toppers might get to be more difficult.

dragsamou

Re: 8th Celebration Paraphenalia

Post by dragsamou » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:02 pm

gavino wrote:Picked up some more 8th promo stuff at Friday's magic session.  Got a table marker and a badge (doesn't really specify what it is, just a badge with 'comback of the decade' on it) Also picked up another box topper; scans to follow.  The Rukh Egg also looks very nice in person.  The box openning flurry seems to have slowed down, so finishing off a set of box toppers might get to be more difficult.
Hi Gavin.
Thanks I forgot to add at my Want List a full Set of the
34 Box Toppers.

Post by AvatarOfWoe » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:11 pm

I acquired a complete set of 34 box topper from this store on ebay :
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=849263
four or five days ago.
I believe of to have been lucky, I have paid it only 68$, 2$/each card.

GavinO

Sage Re: 8th Celebration Paraphenalia

Post by GavinO » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:29 pm

$2/card is about what I've been paying, though usually they want it in cards (the foil 8th land are particularly popular here)

Scans, as promised.  They might be washed out or too dark; I had to guess on the PS tweaks because my monitor is way out of whack:
Badge:
Image Image
Savannah Lions:
Vexing Arcanix:
Sage of Lat-Nam:
Merchant Scroll:
Curiosity:
Obliterate:
Orcish Spy:
Table Marker (The large 10 is the number, there were 1-15 I think.  It is three sided, all three sides are the same.)

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:19 pm

Table Numbers were 1-10 at my place and I have #9.  I also got one of the very nice black table clothes that adorned the table for the 8th Celebration.

Here is my list of the Box Toppers only one left to be unconfirmed.  These are in set order with Portal/Portal2/P3K/Alpha/Starter at the end.

Rukh Egg
Sage of Lat-Nam
Underworld Dreams
Skull or Orm
Orcish Spy
Vexing Arcanix
Merchant Scroll
Guerilla Tactics
Mind Bend
Nekrataal
Llanowar Behemoth
Furnace of Rath
Intruder Alarm
Curiosity
Rewind
Phyrexian Plaguelord
Plow Under
Two Headed Dragon
Blinding Angel
Obliterate
Lord of the Undead
Phyrexian Arena
Diabolic Tutor
Mind Sludge
Suntail Hawk
Naturalize
Merchant of Secrets
Enrage
Primeval Force
Vampiric Spirit
Ambition's Cost
Savannah Lions
Sea Eagle ?

Promo Versions exist for the following:
Plyrexian Plaguelord from San Diego Comic Con
Two Headed Dragon from E3
Savannah Lions from Origins
Obliterate
Lord of the Undead = GenCon

GavinO

Post by GavinO » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:28 am

Right, there would be only 10 table numbers; the kits were for 20 people (bit of an underestimation; if our little store got 26, I can only image what a big place got!)

Sweet, you got a tablecloth? Our TO took both of the ones we got; they fit well in his house o' collectibles (this guy went up to a vendor at a big tourney trying to sell a binder, and got turned away because they didn't have enough money to make an offer)

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:59 pm

rick21in: Thank you for the list. These cards will definitely be added to the page. I will try to get a complete set of them ans scan it.

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:43 am

Gavino,

My local venue is 10,000 sq feet, with 50% dedicated to game tables.  There is seating for close to 400-500 or so in the place.  I heard that on Saturday there were 130 or so people there and we had about 50-60 on Sunday.  Since Pastimes is so large, WOTC gave them 40 Eggs.  First 40 to register got them.  

GavinO

Post by GavinO » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:40 am

We originally had first-come, first-serve, but when we got the kit, Wizards had included a memo directing us to give them out to the top 20 finishers (ended the tourney with only 25, so it wasn't that big a deal)

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:33 am

Our TO gave them out on a first-come basis.  Which was okay since I left before the last round, but I wish I had stayed now...

rick21n

Post by rick21n » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:04 am

We started with 16 eggs for our tourney, until our TO called and said he needed more, since he only had 16.  I think they mailed us 32 more or something.  We only had like 30 people show up so everybody got one.  

We had four table clothes, I got one, the shop owner got one, the judge got one, and the shop kept one.  It is a great decoration.