Promo Plains

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Azuresilver

Promo Plains

Post by Azuresilver » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:55 pm

Hi there

Ive got some FOIL, Mercadian Masques, Plains, Artist: Edward P.Beard, Jr, I know they were promo, but cant remember where from (Arena, etc).
Does anyone know?

Simon

mintcollector

Re: Promo Plains

Post by mintcollector » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:49 pm

All promo foil lands came from Arena (excluding test prints).  If I recall, foil land was given out for awhile for Arena and is undistinguishable from it's normal foil counterpart.  Only Saga, Ice Age, and 4Ed lands were reprinted and had the Arena symbol for it's expansion symbol.  MM land was given out as prize in between Jun 1, 2000 (the Saga Island) and Feb 5, 2001 (Ice Age Forest).  This site does not track it with a special scan, as this MM land is just plain old normal foil MM land.  The foil card you have is refered to as "Plains D" in the WOTC MM spoiler and is card #334.

Hope this helps.

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:34 am

Some of my MM foil lands have a larger shooting star than others. I don't know which is the promo, but I'm pretty sure they're distinguishable.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:37 am

bertrand wrote:Some of my MM foil lands have a larger shooting star than others. I don't know which is the promo, but I'm pretty sure they're distinguishable.
This was covered in a thread a few weeks ago, i'll look for it soon.  Bottom line is, both the small star and large star are so common, neither are worth more.  (Unless you have sealed packs, in which case I want them).

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:13 pm

Can someone make a scan so i can see the 2 cards side by side please

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:55 pm

sylvanstu wrote:Can someone make a scan so i can see the 2 cards side by side please
I'll do it tonite...

The only difference is that one has a star that reaches all the way to the black border, and the star on the other reaches half-way.

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:05 am

Well, if the large star and small star versions are each from only Arena or only packs, wouldn't the other version qualify to be on this site, whether it's worth anything or not?