What is this? foil P9???

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AXIOS

Re: What is this? foil P9???

Post by AXIOS » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:11 am

i have heard of it and hey are coooool!

too bad they used prozies to laminate  [smiley=dissappointed.gif]

misterpid

Post by misterpid » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:00 am

I saw this set when it was at Dream Wizards.  They wanted like $200 for the full set.  It looked pretty sweet, but just wasn't something I'm overly interested in.

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:11 am

I saw a foil Lotus a few years back.  I wonder if these auctions will get shutdown like some proxy/fake auctions do.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:16 am

axios wrote:too bad they used prozies to laminate  [smiley=dissappointed.gif]
It is a good thing they didnt destroy real P9 to do this, it doesnt really look *that* good.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:31 am

if you can still get a set for 200, let me know.  I am interested and may have 200 dollars some day.

motorcitymagic

Post by motorcitymagic » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:03 am

mintcollector wrote:I saw a foil Lotus a few years back.  I wonder if these auctions will get shutdown like some proxy/fake auctions do.
Only if people report these things.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:19 am

isn't richard garfield's signature authorization enough?

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:49 pm

motorcitymagic wrote: Only if people report these things.
why,
he very clearly states that they were homemade out of proxies.

Annorax

Post by Annorax » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:48 pm

dry_cereal wrote:isn't richard garfield's signature authorization enough?
You assume the signature isn't as real as the cards.

Still... reporting.

Edit: Reported to Wizards. I'm guessing someone's already notified eBay...

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:06 am

annorax wrote:
You assume the signature isn't as real as the cards.

Still... reporting.

Edit: Reported to Wizards. I'm guessing someone's already notified eBay...
childish......

wizards allows proxies, he states in his auction that these are proxies, so what is the big deal??

If he said they were the new FNM promo, ok, then i would also report it, but now................childish

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:32 am

axios wrote:
childish......

wizards allows proxies, he states in his auction that these are proxies, so what is the big deal??

If he said they were the new FNM promo, ok, then i would also report it, but now................childish
Even though proxies are allowed in tournies, they are simply supposed to be a real M:TG card with the card name displayed on them in some fashion (for example, an Island the has Black Lotus written on it would be allowed, but a fake replica is not).

psrex

Post by psrex » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:51 am

It all comes down to copyright in the end.  Someone is looking to get more value out of selling their proxies by using Wizards card layout, picture, mana symbols, etc.  There is no way that you could get even close to $50 for a proxy that was simply a Plains (even a foil) with Black Lotus written on it.  The seller is trying to make a profit with copyrighted material, and it's in WotC's interest to preserve their copyright in cases like this.

My son says that I need some "monsters" in my post.  These are for him:

8)  ;D  [smiley=ok.gif]  [smiley=scared.gif]  [smiley=evil.gif]

Edit: I need more "monsters" that move:  ::) :o [smiley=scared.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:30 am

axios wrote:
childish......

The DCI does not allow proxies in any circumstances, unless the original card was either damaged during tournament play or came damaged from a factory-sealed pack (in limited).  In that case, the proxy is created and signed by a tournament judge.

However you slice it, these are most certainly infringing on Wizards copyrights, and I suspect Annorax knows how seriously they take high-quality proxies these days.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:13 pm

is it legal for me to write black lotus on a foil plains and sell it as a proxy?