What is this? foil P9???

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mintcollector

Re: What is this? foil P9???

Post by mintcollector » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:48 pm

dry_cereal wrote:is it legal for me to write black lotus on a foil plains and sell it as a proxy?
Good question.  Something tells me the ways the rules are written you would have to list it as a foil plains.  

psrex

Post by psrex » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:55 am

dry_cereal wrote:is it legal for me to write black lotus on a foil plains and sell it as a proxy?
Yes, you can do this and it is perfectly legal.  You may not use the mana symbols, the tap symbol, the card art, etc. as these are copyrighted.  There's no reason that you couldn't write out mana costs, the card text, or just simply the card name if you felt like it.  No one will buy it, and that's exactly as it should be.  You need the copyrighted parts (mostly the art, really) to make the card have any value.

Edit:  I'm not sure if Ebay's rules would allow it, but you're within your legal rights as far as copyright goes.  Of course, IANAL.

PopokiOfDeath

Post by PopokiOfDeath » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:58 am

Hmm, I'm kinda sursprised about this. I just moved from Hawaii a few months ago and know this guy really well, along with basically everyone in the tournament scene there, and have never seen these before. This strikes me as odd, as I generally would see anything interesting and unque, which these definatly qualify for.  Anybody know when these were produced, as I can't imagine that anybody had these and I didn't know. as for whether these should be allowed to be sold or not, I think its good for things like these to be around. They are interesting and its not like these could be passed off as real or anything like that. Not like the guy who claimed to know someone at Wizards who would foil any card he sent him after-hours.... I still can't imagine how dumb that guy must have thought I was....